Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    It's Spider-Man, I'm compelled to give it a shot.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Very true but having read what I read, it's even more interesting and I'm curious as to the potential situations we could see.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    i'm very interested

also worried a little, i don't want this to end up bringing peter back to the ultimate universe, miles is doing a fine job
  • Options
    I'm not sure it will. I have a feeling it's just going to be a one time thing to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Spider-Man.
  • Options
    i hope so i'm just worried is all

at first they said those two worlds would never interact

then they said they weren't bringing back peter parker in the ultimate universe

and now they're interacting those two worlds

so......
  • Options
    I see where that thought train is heading and it makes sense. I hope the status quo stays the same by the end of the story but I want to see 616 Spidey interact with some of the Ultimate Universe. Seeing him talk to Ultimate Nick Fury would be awesome. Especially if he says something like "So in this world, Samuel L. Jackson is in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D.?" On a more serious note, I would like to see 616 Peter see Ultimate Gwen Stacy.
  • Options
    I see where that thought train is heading and it makes sense. I hope the status quo stays the same by the end of the story but I want to see 616 Spidey interact with some of the Ultimate Universe. Seeing him talk to Ultimate Nick Fury would be awesome. Especially if he says something like "So in this world, Samuel L. Jackson is in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D.?" On a more serious note, I would like to see 616 Peter see Ultimate Gwen Stacy.
    that is something i can very much agree with

and seeing aunt may as her stronger and more youthful self could be very interesting

i wonder if there will be a look at the 616 version of Miles as well?

your thoughts have me a little more excited about it, i mean i'm getting it no matter what anyway, kinda stinks that Dan Slott isn't getting to work on it, but hopefully Bendis will consult him on the way peter is going these days

• Options
    I think it would have been awesome if Slott and Bendis were the co-writers considering that Bendis does a great Ultimate Spider-Man and as far as I know, is the only one so far to write Miles and Slott writes an amazing 616 Spider-Man. If you had the two of them as co-writers, this could have been magical but I do think Bendis does a good job with 616 Peter so I have faith.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, why isn't Slott involved in this in some capacity? Bendis has done a good job with 616 Pete, but still, I think a Bendis/Slott team up on writing would have been a pretty good thing.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Speaking of Spider-Men...

WTF?

Chipotle?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Explosive diarreha...too much Taco Bell.
  • Options
    I feel like that should be a move done by the Nick Cage Ghost Rider.
  • Options
  • Options
    JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    what. the. hell..... isn't this what they said would NEVER happen when they brought the Ultimate Universe around? that the 2 will never connect.....
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited April 2012
    No offense meant to anyone, of course, but I'm always surprised when people think the word "never" has any weight to it when it is used by the makers of comic books. Never, in the comic book industry, means "until we change our minds," "until we get the right pitch," "unless we can make a ton of money by backpedaling," or any combination thereof.
  • Options
    what. the. hell..... isn't this what they said would NEVER happen when they brought the Ultimate Universe around? that the 2 will never connect.....
    I don't think you're wrong. I think I remember someone telling me that Joe Quesada said something along those lines. I believe he said that they would have run out of ideas if they did that but I don't fault them for then changing their minds. Why can't you say one thing and then when a good idea comes along go back on what you originally said? I'm kind of intrigued by the possibilities of 616 Spidey going to the Ultimate Universe. In a way, I would like to see an event that crossed over in a more wide spread story but I'll take this meeting of two Spider-Men.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I'm down for this.

Of course, I said the same thing about Ultimate Power...
  • Options
    MurrayMurray Posts: 29
    Yes, a couple of years ago at San Diego (I think), Joey Q said that they would "never" do this kind of crossover and that it would mean that Marvel had run out of ideas. But... in an interview only a couple of months after the "never" comment, he was interviewed by Newsarama saying that people are allowed to change their minds.
    Which... is fair. Five, six, seven years ago, Marvel (and comics in general) were in a different place. A crossover at that time, when both Marvel and Ultimate Marvel had so many other stories being told didn't make a lot of sense.
    But lots of time has passed and the comics scene has changed. If they wanna do their own "Flash of Two Worlds" have at it! If it's a fun story... a good story... that's really all that matters.
  • Options
    BrianBaerBrianBaer Posts: 80
    It's magic! They don't have to explain it!
  • Options
    I don't think it's about magic and not having to explain it. I think @Murray explained it well enough in his post. They changed their minds about not having a crossover. To be honest, to celebrate Spidey's 50th anniversary, it's a neat idea although I wonder what it would have been like if 616 Peter had met Ultimate Peter. I think that would have been cool but this is just as neat.
  • Options
    So I liked the first issue of Spider-Men. Thought it was an interesting start to the story. I got back into writing reviews with this issue as well and so here it is:
    http://comicartcommunity.com/2012/06/spider-men-1-review/
    Hope you like it. :)
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Not a big fan of the "Ultimate" universe, so I gave it a pass. Did a quick flip through, but it felt like gimmick to me... similar to when Spidey met Invincible a few years back in Marvel Team-up (probably the only issue I didn't dig in that book's short run).

I am assuming this is the first time the two worlds have collided?
  • Options
    I believe so. I sort of remember something about the Ultimate Fantastic Four but I might not be remembering that correctly since I never read that book. I do sort of remember Joe Quesada saying at one point they wouldn't do any 616/Ultimate crossovers but I guess for Spider-Man's anniversary they made an exception. It's a good beginning to a 5 part story. I'm curious to see how people in the Ultimate Universe react to 616 Peter and vice versa. I think overall, it should be an interesting story and a fun one as well.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited June 2012
    I believe so. I sort of remember something about the Ultimate Fantastic Four but I might not be remembering that correctly since I never read that book.
    You're right that the FF were involved. At this point I can't remember if it was the Ultimate or 616 FF who were looking through a sort of gateway into other realities. If it was the 616(for example) then they saw the Ultimate FF and also the Marvel Zombie Universe, and so on. However, they didn't interact with any of them.

• Options
    I got the first issue just to check it out, but I go through DCBS so I won't get to read it until the end of the month. My son has been on an insane Spider-Man craze lately. He's digging through the longboxes, grabbing the Masterworks, been watching every cartoon series he can get off of Netflix and he's been watching at least one of the movies every day since two weekends ago. In the past his like for Spider-Man was just the animation, he didn't like reading Spidey comics and now I can't keep him satiated.
  • Options
    Spider-Man is a cool character. Have you been watching Ultimate Spider-Man? It's a pretty cool cartoon. I would also recommend the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon as well. As for comic book stories, I really like Spider-Man: Blue. Also, I really like the Marvel Team-Up stories because it's basically Spider-Man teaming up with various Marvel heroes.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    My son has been on an insane Spider-Man craze lately.
    Sounds like my daughters.
    Anything Spidey on Netflix is the cartoon of choice in my house. Firestar has been raised to godlike status. Marvel essentials have become the default bedtime storybook. First is was Essential FF, but Spidey has come out as the clear favourite (although Ditko's Dr. Strange is making a big surge to the forefront).
  • Options
    @jaydee74 - We've been watching Ultimate Spider-Man, he's all on Spectacular also.

My daughter is currently on an Avengers kick still. She's reading Essential Cap and Thor right now, Hulk is next.

I'm not complaining, my budget just can't keep up with how much reading they both do. I'll end up getting the remaining issues of Spider-Men and may have to put Avenging Spider-Man back on my DCBS list.
  • Options
    supermattsupermatt Posts: 6
    I believe so. I sort of remember something about the Ultimate Fantastic Four but I might not be remembering that correctly since I never read that book.
    You're right that the FF were involved. At this point I can't remember if it was the Ultimate or 616 FF who were looking through a sort of gateway into other realities. If it was the 616(for example) then they saw the Ultimate FF and also the Marvel Zombie Universe, and so on. However, they didn't interact with any of them.

The story involved Ultimate Reed talking to an alternate version of himself who was teased to be 616 Reed, but who in fact was the Reed from the zombie universe. 616 was never actually involved, but rather used as a tease.
  • Options
    I'm not complaining, my budget just can't keep up with how much reading they both do. I'll end up getting the remaining issues of Spider-Men and may have to put Avenging Spider-Man back on my DCBS list.
    The Avenging Spider-Man is really quite good. It's almost in the same vein as the Marvel Team-Up stuff with Spider-Man teaming up with someone from the Avengers. The issue with Captain America is really quite good and there is one with She-Hulk that made me laugh on several occasions.