Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

MARVEL - What if "What If?" became actual storylines?

What If? (1977-1984)

#30 - "What if Spider-Man's Clone Had Lived?" = Clone Saga

#23 "What if the Hulk had become a barbarian?" = Planet Hulk

#9 "What if the Avengers had fought in the 1950s?" = Agents of Atlas & Avengers 1959

#7 "What if someone else besides Spider-Man had been bitten by the radioactive spider?" = Storyline Dan Slott is doing now

#2 "What if the Hulk had the brain of Bruce Banner?" = Peter David's "professor" Hulk

#1 "What if Spider-Man had joined the Fantastic Four?" = a few times..most recently Hickman's run.

Any others?

Comments

• Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited June 2014
    #27- What if the Phoenix had not died
    Uh, every Jean Grey story from like 1987 to her second death.

#26- What if Captain America had been elected president (Ultimate Comics The Ultimates)

#37- What if Beast and the Thing continued to mutate (Morrison's X-men to present, and Fantastic Four #310)

V2 #20- What if Spider-man never married Mary Jane. (Brand New Day)

Sidebar, going through these issues, there seems to be a weird preoccupation with pitting heroes against Conan.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I think you nearly covered the best ones, but here are a couple more...

Vol 1 #5 "What If Captain America Hadn't Vanished During World War Two?"
    Cap and Bucky keep kicking ass and take down the Red Skull for good, but age does start to take its effect. Steve Rogers becomes too old for the cowl and is asked to lead the new organization SHIELD. Bucky feels himself ready to take up the mantle and becomes the new Captain America. (Fear Itself, House of M)

Vol 2 # 13 "What If Professor X of the X-Men Had Become the Juggernaut?" = Onslaught Meets House of M

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I know there's one about if Parker's daughter had lived: Spider-Girl.

M
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Matt said:

M

Yep, that was What If #105 (Vol 2)

Also, in the first volume of the series, What If #7, it's revealed what would have happened if someone other than Peter Parker had been bitten by the radioactive spider and shows Betty Brant getting bit instead of Parker. In this tale, she teams up with him to assume the identity of the Amazing Spider-Girl.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Matt said:

M

Also, in the first volume of the series, What If #7, it's revealed what would have happened if someone other than Peter Parker had been bitten by the radioactive spider and shows Betty Brant getting bit instead of Parker. In this tale, she teams up with him to assume the identity of the Amazing Spider-Girl.
    All of Peter's interesting classmates who were at the science museum with him to choose from, and they shoved Betty into the story? Criminy.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited June 2014
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

All of Peter's interesting classmates who were at the science museum with him to choose from, and they shoved Betty into the story? Criminy.
    It was actually three stories, each with someone else getting bit. Flash Thompson, John Jameson and Betty Brant. I guess they wanted to explore what would happen to different members of Pete's supporting cast if they had his powers. And not a lot of his former high school classmates were really still in his circle at the time.

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

It was actually three stories, each with someone else getting bit. Flash Thompson, John Jameson and Betty Brant. I guess they wanted to explore what would happen to different members of Pete's supporting cast if they had his powers. And not a lot of his former high school classmates were really still in his circle at the time.
    At least Flash got a chance!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I forgot CA was elected president in the Ultimate MU..good catch!
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    WetRats said:

Funny... I've always had a soft spot for Betty and thought that she was the girl that Peter was destined to be with. Always felt like the best match to me.
    And then she ends up with Flash!?! There is no god.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Hex said:

WetRats said:

Funny... I've always had a soft spot for Betty and thought that she was the girl that Peter was destined to be with. Always felt like the best match to me.
    And then she ends up with Flash!?! There is no god.
    Bastard had my girl, Felicia too!!

M
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    8 - What if the world knew Daredevil was blind?

Sort of, as people assume he's Murdock anyway.

12 - What if Rick Jones had become the Hulk?

Done briefly in the 80's, and now, with Rick as A-Bomb.

35 - What if Elektra had lived?

She lives now, eh?