Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1497 Talkback - Previews

All's fair in love and Previews! We go through the August catalog for items shipping to stores starting in October. Then, we talk to our old friend Steve Bryant about the Athena Voltaire Compendium, coming soon from Dark Horse! (1:28:10)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    If @Adam_Murdough needs further encouragement to check out Zenith, the third arc is a Crisis on Infinite Earths riff involving superheroes from old British comics.
  • Options
    InStockTrades is moving to Tennessee so now DCBS charges residents sales tax. My comics bill just went up 7%. Boo!
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    As much buzz as the Batgirl relaunch has been getting and you guys go with Trinity of Sin, a book you're clearly not interested in? Um, yeah, that's a decision to make, sure... ;)

(Admittedly, you didn't sound interested in Batgirl, which just sounds like crazy talk to me, but to each their own.)
  • Options

As much buzz as the Batgirl relaunch has been getting and you guys go with Trinity of Sin, a book you're clearly not interested in? Um, yeah, that's a decision to make, sure... ;)

(Admittedly, you didn't sound interested in Batgirl, which just sounds like crazy talk to me, but to each their own.)

Just trying to avoid falling into a Bat-Rut, that's all. It's not that we aren't curious about Batgirl's new creative direction, but we did just do Grayson as an Off the Racks pick this month, and we'd prefer not to keep coming back to the Batman Family titles month after month for our DC nominees. (Not that DC's making that easy for us, since more and more of their creative energy and risk tolerance seems to be funneled toward the Caped Cash-Cow and his dark little world these days...)
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Speaking of Bats...I'm actually looking forward to Gotham Academy. I think it sounds fun! Arkham Manor is tempting as well because Duggan is writing it and I'm a big fan of what he's been doing with Nova. Lastly, Batman #35 has me jumping back on now that Zero Year is over.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    M Previews didn't come until today, but I had started listening due to the iTunes feed just leading into the next show from the previous one. I don't really have anything to add, except that I liked the variety of your Off-The-Rack picks! I guess that's about it. Thanks!
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Thanks for The Batwoman shout here guys. Missed that one. Sounds interesting.