Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1499 Talkback - Talking Doctor Who Comics (and More!) with Charlie Kirchoff

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited August 2014 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
It's Time Lord time! Shane and Pants chat with comics pro and big-time Whovian Charlie Kirchoff about his contributions to IDW's line of Doctor Who comics, with time left over to geek out over the Gallifrey One convention and the upcoming adventures of the Twelfth Doctor! (1:15:23)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    edited August 2014
    Whoa! Abrupt cut-off of the ending from iTunes! Anyway, great show Pants and Shane and thanks for the inside scoop on some Dr. Who stuff, Charlie Kirchoff. And also thanks to DRUNK CAP for phoning in! That was awesome! As most people might know, I'm not into Dr. Who at all, but I like hearing others' enthusiasm when they talk about things Whovian. I don't know...when I watch it, the show is just a little too slow-moving and cheesy for me. But when I hear people like Jamie, Pants, Shane, Charlie talk about the show and also see references to the show like on Big Bang Theory, I wonder if I'm missing something. Hmmph, maybe I was just born too early. Oh, and the Gallifrey One convention sounds fantastic! Though, like Pants, I'm not really one to wanna stay up all night, it might be an interesting thing to consider next-next year since I'm from L.A. and could kill two birds with one stone (attending the convention and visit relatives).
  • Options
    I've never watched/read Doctor Who, but I found this to be a fun listen. Charlie Kirchoff is a pretty interesting guy.

Oh, and Drunk Cap's advice on running? Epic.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Can't wait to listen to this! So excited for the new season!!!
  • Options
    Rod28Rod28 Posts: 63
    There are Doctor Who cons? Who knew.
  • Options
    ShaneKellyShaneKelly Posts: 156

And I took drunk cap's advice on running to heart! LOL
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

And I took drunk cap's advice on running to heart! LOL
    T.M.I. !!!!! :)

• Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    I love hearing about Doctor Who fans who started watching on PBS. Some of my fondest teenage memories as a Geek was watching it on WHYY at 11pm weekdays. 22 minutes and serialized. The best way to watch Who
  • Options
    shroud68 said:

I love hearing about Doctor Who fans who started watching on PBS. Some of my fondest teenage memories as a Geek was watching it on WHYY at 11pm weekdays. 22 minutes and serialized. The best way to watch Who

Yup WHYY, channel 12 PBS was my first exposure to Docor Who.

I wish they would bring it back full on for re-runs.
  • Options
    We still get the Doctor on one of the local PBS stations out here in the greater Seattle area -- we're cycling through the Tom Baker eps just now. I understand we're one of the last PBS stations to still do so.

I also heard that Retro-TV is adding the early Dr Who series to their schedule; sadly, the local station that had been carrying Retro here recently dropped them in favor of a movie channel.
  • Options
    Wow, a PBS still able to keep Doctor Who on.

Retro tv huh, we have that. I will need to check that out.
  • Options
    Rod28Rod28 Posts: 63
    What? @ShaneKelly‌, you don't have all the DVDs? Start collecting, your wife will never know. ;-)