Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

New Short Story published

Hello all,

I don't post as much as I like - or as much I did on previous iterations of the forum - but for those who "know" me, or who are general supporters of this massively extended CGS family, I just wanted to share that I had a new short story accepted for publication, and that publication is now available to order (only in print, at this time, but I expect a digital option to be coming soon).

The name of the story is "I Gotta Get Outta Here." It's a bit of dystopian fiction - more flash fiction, at 650 words long - and was described as some serious Dahmer shit by one reader, which brought a smile to my face, since I conceived the story while picking blueberries with my wife on ... Blueberry Hill. (not the actual one, but a place near our home, up here in Maine, the locals felt was quaint enough to earn the homage).

I actually sold this story once before, two years ago, but that publisher ran into some economic hurdles he could not overcome, and publication and payment never came. So, I am very happy to have found a home for it. The publication is a newer literary quarterly out of the UK titled Firewords Quarterly, and the second issue is available here.

Thanks to all who check this thread out, and big thanks to anyone who purchases a copy. I truly appreciate that.

chris