Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1503 Talkback - Comic Talk: Baltimore Comic Con Edition

Shane and his son Ben join Pants to talk about their visit to the recent Baltimore Comic Con. We also chat with writer Tom King about the show and his work on the just released Grayson: Futures End #1. (1:16:52)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Glad to see CGS reaching down into the farm system and promoting top prospect Ben Mulholland to the 40 man roster as a September call up.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited September 2014
    Enjoyed hearing Ben on the air. A pleasant change of pace. Thanks Shane.

Also heartwarming to still hear Jamie being mentioned. When Pants mentioned he had visited Jamie on his birthday, I nearly teared up myself. I still have episode 1475 downloaded and listen from time to time. I am thankful he was able to see Cap 2 before his departure.

Great show men. You're top shelf @pants - so glad you're back on the podcast regularly.
  • Options
    Thanks for playing my voice mail guys! Happy to have let you know that their are listeners out here that don't mind the 'day in the life' type episodes. Just wondering if you also got my e-mail with the audio file about how I found CGS and my thoughts about listening to the episodes from the beginning while trying to stay current as well.
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567

Thanks for playing my voice mail guys! Happy to have let you know that their are listeners out here that don't mind the 'day in the life' type episodes. Just wondering if you also got my e-mail with the audio file about how I found CGS and my thoughts about listening to the episodes from the beginning while trying to stay current as well.

We did get it. Was a little to long to play on the air, but did send it along to the other guys to listen to. Thanks!

• Options
    From the fist two episodes of MOHOTMU, I can already tell that's going to be my daily moment of Zen. Who knew the Abomination and Absorbing Man could be so relaxing?
  • Options
    Count me as well as being an instant fan of "The Daily MOHOTMU." As for @penn2k‌'s "Zen" comment, perhaps we should refer to it as "MOHOTMU Gandhi." :-)
  • Options
    Finally finished listening to this one. Absolutely loved the Tom King interview. Really enjoyed the plot twist in "Grayson - Futures End" as well. Totally had to read the whole thing over again, just like @Pants‌. #cluemaster :-)
  • Options
    CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358
    Young Ben spoke very well. His parents can be very proud.
  • Options
    First off I want to apologize for posting this here, but as I have waited and waited for ... a couple of days ;-) for a thread to be started so I can say this (and I have no idea how to start a thread), I want to just get this off my chest here. Again, I apologize -

Absolutely lovin' the MOHOTMU stuff, Murd!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thor_ElThor_El Posts: 136
    Listened to this episode for the second time today and I have to say, like others, that the best part was Ben's participation. It's great hearing his enthusiasm about everything. He's a welcome addition at any and all times.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Good work Ben!!

Glad to have you guys back. Looking forward to the new Spotlight!!
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Nice convention rundown Pants, Shane, and Ben! Ben, nice to hear you on the air! Nice to hear the nice stuff said about Jamie. Oh, and cool that you got to meet Al Milgrom, Pants. I just bought back some West Coast Avengers books that he drew (or at least did layouts for). So, in the MOHOTMU thread the worry about Marvel's copyright has been discussed. Any thoughts about that (Murd-Pants-whoever)? Also, any plans to do DC's Who's Who? Or maybe that's moot because of the New52? Alright, I haven't read Grayson: Future's End #1 so, I'll quit before I get spoiled.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

I can hear it now:

"This is Comic Geek Speak, Episode 10503!

Welcome to Comic Geek Speak, I'm Ben Mulholland!
    I'm Matt Mulholland!
    I'm Clara Deemer!
    I'm Hazel Deemer!
    I'm Jimmy D Kelly!
    And I'm Abigail D Kelly!"

"...and joining us on the phone today is Wendell Elvis Murdough. He's here to talk about his thesis paper which is on Grant Morrison's Multiversity..."