Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bendis message board shut down today

(I hope it's okay to discuss other message boards.)

I don't know if many of you participated on Brian Michael Bendis' message board, but it was abruptly shut down today. About a week ago, Bendis threatened to shut it down after several board members expressed displeasure, and abandoned the forum, over the board's moderators and a recent tendency to regulate how people talk to each other. The Bendis board was always a raucous, almost hostile, place where you could pretty much say anything to anyone else. It was fun but borderline abusive, though in the last 3-4 years it seemed to have calmed down a lot.

Bendis left this message on his home page:
It is with a heavy heart but with a headful of love and fond, fond memories that the bendis board is now closed. put out to pasture. it’s the end of the road.

I am immensely proud of the community we have built, the relationships we have made, and the literal decades of fun we have had together.

For those looking for me you can always find me on twitter @brianmbendis and tumblr http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com

I am not going anywhere. I am eager to hear your thoughts and love our interaction.

This looks to be one of the most exciting years I will ever have with the debut of the powers TV show and so many other big surprises coming in the next few months. it is important, now more than ever, that I focus as much of my attention on my work and family.

I hope you take personal joy in the success of the books and creators you have championed so vigorously on these boards. careers were made because of you guys. and that’s no exaggeration.

Do know that I truly love all of you and I hope to speak with you as often as possible… in 140 characters or less :-)

bendis board 1992- 2014
According to those dates, Bendis had a message board before the Internet even took off. I've been part of his board since 2006 or so, and its weird to see it evaporate with no notice (I had even posted this morning).

Comments