Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mark Waid's USA Today article.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/story/2012-04-13/Mark-Waid-Thrillbent-digital-comics-initiative/54265370/1

Wondercon was really like Mark Waid-con for me since he was part of most of the panels I went to and I also got him and Jim Lee to sign the back of my iPad. Since the con I a have been following his blog and new forums and he really seems to be the biggest voice out there echoing what the fans want from the digital medium. From pricing to innovation and creators are going to benefit big time. And we are going to see so many more great indibooks that would never be able to make diamonds requirements.

Comments

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    I think the big question is: How many people are going to stick around?
    Sure the low price might bring in people initially, however, how many are going to come back and get stories 2, 3, 4, etc.? Also, are people really going to drop a Spider-Man or Batman book for these titles?
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    What I am hoping is that he works hard on putting out stories that you can't get in comic shops. I like how he talked about doing horror, or westerns or other genres in his latest Word Balloon interview and agree with him that the current distribution system just isn't set up for non-super-hero books.
  • Options
    I bet if Guns of Shadow Valley made money Dave could justify working on it. I think that is a great point @solitairerose