Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

New Hawkeye Series Looks Promising

This one grabbed me out of the blue, but WOW, does it sound and look great:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38130

Might just ease my Green Arrow pain.

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I would love to check this out, but I am no longer reading any Marvel characters written by Fraction. Iron Man has been hit or miss. The Tanarus arc in Thor did nothing for me. He couldn't deliver on Fear Itself and he failed to hook me into the Defenders.

• Options
    7h0m457h0m45 Posts: 49
    I'm pretty excited for it and I'm not even that much of a Hawkeye fan, Immortal Iron Fist was so freaking good I'll read anything from Fraction/Aja.
  • Options
    I'm pretty excited for it and I'm not even that much of a Hawkeye fan, Immortal Iron Fist was so freaking good I'll read anything from Fraction/Aja.
    Then why can't we have another Iron Fist series?
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    I'm excited, just don't want it to be cancelled in 8 issues. Hawkeye is my favorite character behind Cap and Spidey. I will be happier when it gets underway.
  • Options
    ravenraven Posts: 41
    "Hawkeye ongoing series" aka can somebody write concept that we can turn into a movie.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I'm down until its inevitable cancellation.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    I'm onboard, Hawkeye is my favorite avenger, but I wish he'd put that mask back on
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I agree that I prefer a more traditionally-costumed Hawkeye, but I'm curious enough to at least give the first issue a shot. This quote from Fraction that I just saw as part of a quick Robot 6 post:

“Rather than try to define what Hawkeye’s role is in the Avengers, I wanted to define what is Clint Barton’s role in Hawkeye — who is he and what drives him and why is he our lead? I could close my eyes and see this Aja drawing of him with a Band-Aid across the bridge of his nose, and I got it. That’s our guy. He’s the Marvel Universe’s Jim Rockford.”
    helps a lot.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    If it's half as good Iron Fist was, I'll be happy. These days, Fraction seems to get wrapped up in his big ideas at the expense of story, but Iron Fist had a nice balance of both. Seems like Hawkeye would be suited to similar storytelling.

With the right team, I don't see why Hawkeye couldn't generate a Daredevil level of sales, or close enough to that to at least not get canceled right away. His last series went so fast I hadn't even had a chance to hear if it was any good or not.
  • Options

With the right team, I don't see why Hawkeye couldn't generate a Daredevil level of sales, or close enough to that to at least not get canceled right away.
    Yep. 'Course I've thought that about Moon Knight for 30 years.

• Options
    I agree that I prefer a more traditionally-costumed Hawkeye, but I'm curious enough to at least give the first issue a shot. This quote from Fraction that I just saw as part of a quick Robot 6 post:

“Rather than try to define what Hawkeye’s role is in the Avengers, I wanted to define what is Clint Barton’s role in Hawkeye — who is he and what drives him and why is he our lead? I could close my eyes and see this Aja drawing of him with a Band-Aid across the bridge of his nose, and I got it. That’s our guy. He’s the Marvel Universe’s Jim Rockford.”
    helps a lot.
    Thank you Fraction. That actually seems to be interesting.

Perhaps every character needs to have a run where the write & artist finds something interesting about the character, defines them in the universe and then expand on that.
  • Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    first off, i'm back! i mean, for a while there i thought my profile was deleted...

ANYWAY

yeah, i like fraction but lately, i'm almost fraction-ed out. i like iron man, thor not so much (the death and return of thor was...meh) and the defenders feel like they aren't in character.

that said, i loved iron fist!! and david aja's art! so i'm on board... (but yeah, i wish marvel supported iron fist and not let it go by the wayside..whatever happened to the immortal weapons??)
  • Options

With the right team, I don't see why Hawkeye couldn't generate a Daredevil level of sales, or close enough to that to at least not get canceled right away.
    Yep. 'Course I've thought that about Moon Knight for 30 years.

I think you need a hug.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Overall, this sounds pretty cool. The covers I've seen are amazing but having Clint and Kate as partners seems a lot like what you had with Ollie and Mia. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Fraction's writing after having finally read Fear Itself. Wow, that was bad but I think I want to give this a shot. Not sure. I'm on the fence.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    I gave this a shrug when I saw it was coming. I like Hawkeye as a member of the Avengers (or Thunderbolts), but have never much cared for the character as a solo dude that can carry his own title. Then I saw the creative team. Marvel has me reaching into my wallet once again!
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    With that creative team, I'm game (though, to be fair, in the last few years, I have gone from reading everything Fraction does, to letting things like his later X-Men run and Thor go). And I've always liked Hawkeye, including some of his short-lived minis and series. So even though this is a transparent attempt to give this now-movie character a push, hopefully we'll get some good, stylish, Iron Fist-esque comics out of it.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I'm not the biggest Hawkeye fan but what these guys did with Iron Fist has me sold on this.
  • Options
    spidspid Posts: 203
    I am not the biggest Hawkeye fan, but I wasn't that big a fan of Iron Man or Iron Fist either. I enjoyed both of Fractions runs with those books.
  • Options
    I'm not the biggest Hawkeye fan but what these guys did with Iron Fist has me sold on this.
    That's what she said.
  • Options
    Clint is my second favorite comics character (after the ever-lovin', blue-eyed idol o' millions), and I devoured his appearances, from the Whackos, to the Gruewald mini to Solo Avengers (as uneven as that was). I really liked his recent series with Bobbi, too. While I'd prefer to see him leading the GLA, and I DEFINITELY prefer him in his more traditional duds, I'll probably pick this up. It's similar to the pitch I've been toying with for years (if I ever get a shot)
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I like Hawkeye well enough. Not sure about Kate Bishop but I've only really read her in one comic and she seems cool enough. Fraction is what has me on the fence when it comes to this book overall. I love the covers so that's a plus. I don't know. I'll just have to wait and see.