Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Athena Voltaire at Dark Horse!

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Woot! That's awesome! Don't think that lets you off the hook for that commission I ordered from you, Mr. Big Shot I Have A Book At Dark Horse!!!

(No rush, honestly! Just giving you crap along with the congratulations!)
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Glad I was a backer of his Kickstarter thingy and got some of the awesome goodies. Also a proud owner of a commission piece (that reminds me...have to post it somewhere...)
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    That's awesome. I don't have a commission so I can't be one of the cool kids there, but the only piece of original art I own is an Athena Voltaire page. So does that make me one of the cooler kids?
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Congratulations, Steve! Always awesome to see one of the true good guys of the industry get their efforts rewarded like this.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    Congrads =D> on the great news Steve. All the best & I will be eager to read new stores of Athena Voltaire.

Matthew

• Options
    awesome news, sir. :-bd
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    edited April 2012
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it's too early to ask this or not, but will the Omnibus be one of the smaller sized omnibi that Dark Horse typically releases or full size? I'll admit that I'm kinda hoping for the smaller size. I already have most (all?) of the originals so I can see the full size art if I want to, but the cheaper price would make it easier for me to justify re-buying something I already sort of own.

And more importantly, why does the Firefox spell checker not recognize the word omnibi? It seems to recognize omnibuses, and that word might technically be allowable, but omnibi is definitely preferred (at least by me).
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    It makes me very happy to see friends succeed. :)
  • Options
    Never really read Athena Voltaire because I always seemed to miss it. I love Dark Horse Omnibus, having nearly all the Star Wars ones as well as a few others, and am looking forward to it.

Congrats to Steve. This will give you a lot more exposure... perhaps even an Indiana Jones cross-over (DH has the comic rights to that)
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    And more importantly, why does the Firefox spell checker not recognize the word omnibi? It seems to recognize omnibuses, and that word might technically be allowable, but omnibi is definitely preferred (at least by me).
    How about "omnibeese"?
  • Options
    ... perhaps even an Indiana Jones cross-over (DH has the comic rights to that)
    now that just blew my mind - awesome thought!!!

3:-O 3:-O 3:-O
  • Options
    I am very pleased to hear this news. I need to go back and read the kick starter update I put it in a folder. LOL
  • Options
    That's why we all love @Adam_Murdough......but where is the "smartass" button? :P
  • Options
    I looked it up before posting that to verify and I know I saw something about omnibi, but according to dictionary.com, The Murd is (once again) right. I bow to the Murdonian vernacular awareness.
  • Options

How about "omnibeese"?
    Is that defined as an obese omnibus?
  • Options
    I bow to the Murdonian vernacular awareness.
    I, for one, welcome our Murdonian Vernacular Awareness.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794

How about "omnibeese"?
    Is that defined as an obese omnibus?
    I have a few of those. That KISS Kompendium is damn near unliftable. :)

• Options
    When you say it like that, it sounds like a disease.

• Options
    When you say it like that, it sounds like a disease.
    I thought it sounded like some sort of extraterrestrial superintelligence.