Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Image Hosting

Who do you consider to be the best at hosting images? Flickr or Photobucket? Or is there someone else?

Can you let me know any good or bad experiences that you have had. Any hidden contract loopholes?

Comments

• John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I prefer Photobucket - but only because I was with them right from the start when it still was an amateur site (by coincidence). Also got an account with Flickr - but hardly ever use it. Both sites work fine. But then again, I'm a moderate user of both.
  • ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    Imgur - hands down. No bandwidth caps, no ads, no B.S. you don't even need to sign up. It is one of the absolute best options currently for free image hosting that you can trust and is fast.
  • MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    do any of these sites have the language in their use agreement allowing them to sell/use images you've uploaded? I know this was in talks in the past (as a revenue stream for the hosting sites)
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I like Photobucket, myself.
  • do any of these sites have the language in their use agreement allowing them to sell/use images you've uploaded? I know this was in talks in the past (as a revenue stream for the hosting sites)
    That was my concern. I know Facebook has some clause like where they can use any image that you upload (although that might be one of those internet rumors). So does anyone know if that happens.