Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Image is going to be taking even more of my money

The creator-owned list just gets better and better. I'm in for at least four or five of these I know—maybe more.

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Agreed! A lot of great stuff being announced in there.
  • Options
    @nweathington‌ Saw a similar article and had the exact same thought. With the way they crank out great book after great book, I will basically take a flyer on *anything* Image puts out these days.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I have a pretty big budget set aside for comics, but there's so much great stuff coming out now, I'm having to start limiting myself. I'm definitely going to try Plutona, Paper Girls, We Stand on Guard, I Hate Fairyland, RunLoveKill, Island, 8house, Kaptara, and Revengeance—and probably a couple of others too. I imagine I'll continue with at least four of five of them.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    If I can throw some love, and maybe a couple sales, for a friend? This month you can preorder the first trade of Copperhead from Image (if you go through DCBS it's a whopping $4.99). The writing's pretty much automatically good - it's Jay Faerber - but we've got a local guy here in the valley named Scott Godliewski who's on art chores and this is essentially his "big break".

It's a western in space and it's been getting really good write ups. I'd love to see Scott continue to pursue his dream, so if you're so inclined and have an extra $5 for a great book, please consider it.
  • Options
    @Torchsong‌ Copperhead is *great*! I gave it consideration for Best New Comic in the CGS Awards.
  • Options
    Paper Girls will be on my list for sure, everything else I'll probably wait for an Image sale on Comixology to check out. I've discovered so many good books that way, but I've also avoided spending tons of money on books I didn't care for.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Just read the first trade of Sex Criminals.

I'm in for the long haul now...excellence in how to frame your comic storytelling in a unique and fun way.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Just got the Image Humble Bundle. A lot of good comics in there that I've read. As well as a load I've always wanted to give a go. One of which is Alex + Ada. Read it. Loved it. What a great comic. Will start getting this in trade I think