Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1533 Talkback - BOMC: Sandman: Season of Mists, Episodes 0-3

One night not long ago, we of CGS gathered to reflect upon 'Season of Mists,' a well-loved passage of Neil Gaiman's Sandman, in which Lord Morpheus sets out to redress a wrong committed ages ago against a former lover, but instead finds himself assuming temporary stewardship of Hell itself. These are our reactions to the first half of the story, recorded before a sudden snowstorm interrupted our reverie. (55:37)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Just started listening. Really looking forward to this episode. But I wanted to share a thought before I get too far along and forget.

Mr. @Adam_Murdough is correct in his assessment of Morpheus's evolution into a more human entity throughout the run of this series. That's the primary theme Gaiman followed through the 75 issue-plus run of Sandman. I read, in a number of interviews with Gaiman, that he purposely wrote Morpheus less human in the stories that take place in the far past, while showing him as more human in later issues of this series that take place in the "present." And, if one were to read the Sandman stories across the various books (including the still-in-progress "Overture" and the short stories in Sandman: Endless Nights) in their chronological, rather than publication, order, the change in characterization would become even more evident.

[now, back to the show]