Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

There probably won't be a season 3 for Avengers: EMH

If the rumor is true, Marvel Animation head Jeph Loeb squashed it in favor of a new Avengers cartoon with the same look and feel - and set in the same universe as - Ultimate Spider-Man.

I haven't seen Ultimate Spidey, so I can't say whether another cartoon that ties into it would be a good or bad thing, but Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is awesome-wrapped awesome with awesome sauce on the side and I'd hate to see that go away after just 2 seasons.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    No. No no no no no no.

No.

No.
  • Options
    To clarify, I don't have a problem with the Ultimate Spider-Man universe. I just can't understand getting rid of the awesomeness that is Avengers: EMH.

Assuming this rumor is true.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    BOOO!!! I hope this is a false rumor. Avengers:EMH isn't just "awesome-wrapped awesome with awesome sauce on the side," it's smothered and covered with two kinds of assery, bad and kick. I honestly couldn't ask for more in an Avengers cartoon. Jeph Loeb, don't you dare ruin it!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Could this possibly play into that that rumor as well...Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/04/18/eliza-dushku-voicing-she-hulk-in-hulk-and-the-agents-of-s-m-a-s-h/

Get all of these shows tied up into one single universe/continuity?
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I can see all of this trying to tie into one continuity so there could be crossovers and whatnot but cartoons nowadays have a pretty limited shelf life.
  • Options
    Agents of S.M.A.S.H., huh?

....I like the title. Cheesy but Hulk-tastic.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    Yuck. Love the Avengers, but that new Spider-Man... it's clearly aimed at a younger audience than Avengers. I've been watching it, but it's not my cup of tea. I'd rather see Spider-Man elevated to the level of Avengers than see Avengers dumbed down to Spider-Man.
  • Options
    Yuck. Love the Avengers, but that new Spider-Man... it's clearly aimed at a younger audience than Avengers. I've been watching it, but it's not my cup of tea. I'd rather see Spider-Man elevated to the level of Avengers than see Avengers dumbed down to Spider-Man.
    Can't agree more with that. With a bit of retooling, the Ultimate Spider-Man universe could easily fit into the Avengers one.

• Options
    Well, this will make my 4yr old happy. He friggin loves the new Ult Spider-Man show.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes has been officially canceled to make way for Marvel's Avengers Assemble.

Marvel TV News

• Options
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes has been officially canceled to make way for Marvel's Avengers Assemble.

Marvel TV News

Bravo to Falcon's agent.
  • Options
    Clint's been working out...

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I liked Avengers EMHs. But always forgot what channel and when it came on.
  • Options
    Ah well. At least we got some quality stuff.
  • Options
    I watched most of the first season last summer on instant watch. Watched them with my two lil cousins to get them prepared for the Captain America movie.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    That sucks but might not turn out to be a big deal. Loosk like theyre just trying to tailor a show to synch better w/ the movie. As much as I enjoyed the EMH, the 2nd season wasnt blowing me away. I like this team up and the art looks fantastic and much better here IMO. I was /am worried after the rumor they were retooling avengers to match ultimate spiderman. As long as that's not the case I'm ok.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    I actually was really getting into the last few episodes. They were telling stories that didn't necessarily include the Avengers or at least all of them. The Powerman and Iron Fist was great and the Beta Ray Bill episode was really good too.

If they're going to cancel a series and start over I'd rather it just be Marvel Universe and use everybody.
  • Options
    In the trend pioneered by Kids' WB, and carried on by Cartoon Network, popular kids' shows are often cancelled after the first few seasons. They have done studies proving that kids don't care if episodes are new after a certain number of them are produced. Also, the magic number for daily syndication has probably been achieved.

Producing new episodes after that point is a matter of diminishing returns.
  • Options
    In the trend pioneered by Kids' WB, and carried on by Cartoon Network, popular kids' shows are often cancelled after the first few seasons. They have done studies proving that kids don't care if episodes are new after a certain number of them are produced. Also, the magic number for daily syndication has probably been achieved.

Producing new episodes after that point is a matter of diminishing returns.
    I want to say I also heard that the Disney channel use to have a rule that no show,live action or animated,would run more than 65 episodes.

• Options
    TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    Bravo! I couldn't have said it better myself! Here's hoping for a happy medium... an Avengers cartoon that fits into the Ultimate Spidey-verse, but isn't as silly as the Spidey cartoon.