Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

New Vertigo Miniseries Titles

I'm curious what people are reading from Vertigo right now, they have a flury of new or newish miniseries. I have been reading the entire line-up, and there have been some really stand out titles, though they have seemed to go a little below the radar.

Bodies - Last issue just finished, but was incredible. Four different artists on each issue doing different styles for different time periods.

The Names - A good crime comic from Peter Milligan, about halfway done now.

Wolf Moon - Pretty standard werewolf fare with a little twist about the who and what of the werewolf. Generally a good book, reminded me of Ferals from Avatar but with better writing and art.

Effigy - This is a great crime book from Tim Seeley, just started, now on its second issue.

Suiciders - Just had its first issue, looks to be a sort of post-apocalyptic "arena gladiator" story. Art and writing seem stellar right from the start.

The Kitchen - Another crime book(a lot of those coming right now, especially on Image), where a group of women take over for their Mafia husbands when they go to prison in the 70s.

Vertigo Quarterly - The beautiful anthology is returning and is now focusing on special SFX in each issue rather than a specific color.

With the new rumors about Vertigo changing formats, I wonder if they are going to eventually shift towards just a miniseries focus since that seems to be what has been coming. They had a huge success last year and the year before with books like Trillium and The Wake. Strange Sports Stories will be coming out later this month, and then the Mad Max book in May, both of which also look great.

So what do people think? Any books you are stuck on? Any you are waiting for?

Comments

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited March 2015
    Once the last issue of Fables ships, I'll be down to only Vertigo Quarterly, and that will be based issue by issue on the creative teams involved. None of these new series have really caught my eye.

Though I will be getting the second issue of Strange Sports for the Paul Pope story.
  • Options
    shanebshaneb Posts: 109
    Bodies really was great, and since the trade is coming out now it would be worth a read.