Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Skottie Young Baby Variant Covers

I wanted to start a thread on the Skottie Young Baby Variant Covers, that new obsessive collecting trend on Marvel books.
Here is a complete list of the covers:https://vertigology.wordpress.com/2015/04/14/complete-list-of-skottie-young-baby-variant-covers-from-marvel-photos-of-each/

Who else has been collecting them? I have about 30, and have especially liked getting the new Star Wars ones and am excited to see what ends up coming with Secret Wars.

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Thanks-- cool to get to see them all like that. I have a few of them that I haven't really gone out of my way for them (when getting an issue off the shelf at a place like Midtown Comics, they often have these out on the shelves, for the same price). But I think they are a lot of fun. I enjoy the little design twists, like Hawkeye having plunger arrows, or stories they have built into them.
  • Options
    shanebshaneb Posts: 109
    Its nice to hear that somewhere is only charging cover price for these. Its fun to get variant covers you like, but with the prices they use to speculate it is just an outrageous expense that most readers just can't afford.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    There needs to be a coffee table book.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    shaneb said:

Its nice to hear that somewhere is only charging cover price for these. Its fun to get variant covers you like, but with the prices they use to speculate it is just an outrageous expense that most readers just can't afford.

I think in many cases, DCBS sells these for the same discount, or they will sell them at cover price. I've got some of them that way. I just love his street graffiti style. Loved it on all the Oz books, Rocket Raccoon, and these covers. I even have this poster hanging up at my desk at work.

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I generally will choose a Skottie Young variant over the standard cover if it's a book I already get and it doesn't cost extra.

Looking forward to this fall when his I Hate Fairyland creator-owned series starts.
  • Options
    shanebshaneb Posts: 109
    Yeah, I already added I Hate Fairyland to my pull box based on the promo art!
  • Options
    glandgland Posts: 17
    fredzilla said:

shaneb said:

I think in many cases, DCBS sells these for the same discount, or they will sell them at cover price. I've got some of them that way. I just love his street graffiti style. Loved it on all the Oz books, Rocket Raccoon, and these covers. I even have this poster hanging up at my desk at work.

Baby Scarlet Spider is a thing that must be seen by more people.