Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1554 Talkback - Pants on the Floor at C2E2 2015

Pants was in Chicago for C2E2 this past weekend and did some recording from the floor of the show. He chats with Steve Bryant, Brent Schoonover, JK Woodward, Katie Cook, and more. (59:17)

Listen here.

And here's the link to Steve Bryant's Kickstarter that is mentioned in the episode.

Comments

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Forgot you were going Pants. Should have kept an eye out for you in that great mass of humanity. I did see Lance Kizer amazingly! And thanks for mentioning the South Loop hotel. I forgot about that hotel. I did alright with the parking at McCormick. But free parking can't be beat. The hotel is now bookmarked for 2017 or maybe 2016.

I went with my son for the first time and we had a blast. It was his first major huge con.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    And what does it say about the size and scope of a con that i FORGOT that Stan Lee was going to be there?
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I kept an eye out for Pants, was hoping to run into him but alas I did not.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    I spotted him at a distance at one point during my Friday day trip. Did a little shopping for my kids but nothing for me. The main point of the trip was as a reunion with my college running buddies, most of which worked with me at a shop at UIUC while we were in school.

I did notice some really outlandish prices on some items - a full set of ROM;Spaceknight for $400! Infinity Gauntlet mini for $120. Preacher #1 for $180. Clearly the dealer was trading on the movies but ROM? $400? I'm reasonably sure that I've many paid $20 for mine and that includes a lot of duplicate issue.

Also, ranting for just a moment, I went to pick up a shirt from the Image booth on Friday morning - two colors available (Nowhere Men - Science is the New Rock and Roll). All they had were adult smalls.

Did I mention that it was the first day of the con, in the morning and all they had were size small at at a comic convention?
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    @Pants, you buried the lead! “Pants on the Street with Lee Weeks.”
  • Options
    BlueBullitt01BlueBullitt01 Posts: 18
    edited April 2015
    I was waiting for the "Ooooooo-gawwwwwwwd-Nooooooo!!!!" and then the sound of crunching metal and airbags.....

"Friends don't let friends drive and Podcast."
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    Hey @Pants, just as a suggestion for future on the floor episodes: you might want to mix the file down to mono. When listening to the episode on the train it is really hard to hear you, because sound is essentially coming out of only one ear. The other ear is devoted to crowd noise coming from the second mic. Surround sound is cool, but I don't think it's really made for the vocal medium. ;)
  • Options

Hey @Pants, just as a suggestion for future on the floor episodes: you might want to mix the file down to mono. When listening to the episode on the train it is really hard to hear you, because sound is essentially coming out of only one ear. The other ear is devoted to crowd noise coming from the second mic. Surround sound is cool, but I don't think it's really made for the vocal medium. ;)

I guess everything was at a decent level on the left, as I listen to that side only while I'm at work. I've actually mixed down to mono previous podcasts, I think on one occasion CGS, using Audacity. Can't imagine most listeners can easily do that. :P
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784

I guess everything was at a decent level on the left, as I listen to that side only while I'm at work. I've actually mixed down to mono previous podcasts, I think on one occasion CGS, using Audacity. Can't imagine most listeners can easily do that. :P
    That's exactly what I did at work today for the ride home!
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

(I think Phil Spector would approve)
  • Options
    DrBravo2DrBravo2 Posts: 31
    Correction for Pants. I don't actually work for Reed (I was contracted for the weekend) and I'm not actually engaged (yet?).
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    I thought it was a great episode, Pants! Loved hearing from the folks I've never heard of and the folks you've talked with before. My favorites were the guy that had worked as a page for Letterman, the Lee Weeks fire alarm interview, and the Katie Cook one. I did wonder where Uncle Sal was. Doesn't he usually go to C2E2? Well, maybe he was off on another va-ca with his family? Anyway, maybe one of these days when I retire and if I have some disposable income/savings, I might go to C2E2 myself!