Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Avengers: Age of Ultron Review - Episode 1556 Talkback

2»

Comments

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

Click on the episode title. On that page you'll see a download link.

NICE! Thanks. As with most things, if I had gone 1 step further, I would have found what I was looking for.
  • Options
    NKQNKQ Posts: 24
    Haven't had a chance to see the film but I watched the video version of this episode. I was impressed with Shane's camera switching ability. Too much camera switching can be extremely distracting but not enough gets boring. Shane was spot on. Bryan did a great job on the first video episode as well. Thanks Bryan for getting those mics switch out because the sound wasn't very good and they picked up a lot of cord rubbing noise. I'd rather have the old mics back with better sound since I tend to listen first and then watch the video. I really like the videos as they give an added sense of presence over audio only. I feel like I'm in the room. Thanks for all the work.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Loved the movie. Really enjoyed the portrayals of Wanda and Pietro as well as the film's effects. Can't praise the stroke of genius enough of Paul Bettany's casting. With his voice being so firmly planted in this universe since Iron Man. And how amazing was it to see his Vision? (it would have been even better if he'd been the Jarvis we saw in Agent Carter, but James D'Arcy did a fine job there.)

Favorite scene was the Vision coming to life. Will he be able to survive Thanos removing the mind gem?

Was kind of put off by some of Ultron's bumbling lines at times, but it didn't take me out of the story. It felt like they gave Spader a lot of leeway.

Question: Who was and where was this mysterious woman we saw in the trailer? Any thoughts on her role?

• Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    That mysterious woman was cut and was probably part of Thor going off on his own in the middle.
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    Hawkeye's wife was Lindsay Weir for sure. She met Clint after she got off that Grateful Dead thing and they moved to a farm.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Well, I just saw the movie the other day here in Japan (opened July 4th). I had fortunately avoided most of the possible spoilage areas such as this forum and Facebook for two months, unlike the first one. Yes, overall, like Shane and Murd, I thought the first movie was just a little better and despite all the action, the Easter Eggs, the funny Stan Lee cameo, and the surprises I thought this movie was a little disjointed and not as smooth as the first one. And it didn't have as much heart in comparison to the first one, I think (except I did get goose bumps when the Avengers try as much as they can to evacuate the city). On the other hand, it still was a great movie, probably in the top five of all the movies I've seen this year, probably in the top five of the Marvel Studios movies and definitely in the top five of all the comic-related movies I've seen. Yes, you had to suspend your belief a bit at the plot because if Ultron did indeed hack into the internet and related technologies he would basically have won as the video @bralinator posted illustrates. I had that thought during the movie, too. Anyway, and after many years of training us to wait for an after-the-end-credits extra scene, I was quite disappointed that there wasn't one! Gosh, even the Japanese folks I saw the movie with breathed sighs of discontent when the screen just went black after the "Avengers Will Return" notice. On the other hand, they didn't boo!