Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Hey Pants! How was the final Letterman show?

Was it everything you hoped it would be? Did you do some dumpster diving to grab parts of the set that they threw out right after the show?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/crew-pulls-david-letterman-iconic-late-show-set-article-1.2230794

Comments

• Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    edited May 2015
    The following post pretty much captures my feelings about David Letterman. I was a HUGE fan early on... I even watched his daytime show.

After Losing to Jay Leno, David Letterman's Bitterness Cost Him His Indiana Soul.

I also used to love Conan, and still do to some extent. But I think he's gotten bitter, too.

Jimmy Fallon, and now James Corden, are fun, earnest, entertaining, and happy. We'll see how Stephen Colbert fares soon enough.
  • Options
    RickM said:

Holy shit. The only nice thing I can say about that article is that it is totally appropriate for a garbage website like Breitbart. Yes, Dave really should have been nicer to fine upstanding people like Rush Limbaugh.....

Well, that's not my take-away from the article at all. It's about how bitter and angry he became after losing the opportunity to host the Tonight Show... and how he never seemed to get over it.

• Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    There's definitely some common liberal elitest hate spewed in that article.He tries to temper it with some love for Carlin.
  • Options
    tommysheroestommysheroes Posts: 174
    Wow this was a phenomenally self important and poorly written article. You clearly projected a lot of your personal feelings onto a perfectly nice TV show host.

Also as a proud hoosier it literally disgusts me that you would say the most Indiana of things is a gun. The most Indiana thing I can think is being proud of a native son and tolerant and loving of others. Something you clearly aren't. Maybe there is a fox news message board you can post your nonsense on, but its as welcome on the CGS board as Liefeld art.
  • Options

Wow this was a phenomenally self important and poorly written article. You clearly projected a lot of your personal feelings onto a perfectly nice TV show host.

Also as a proud hoosier it literally disgusts me that you would say the most Indiana of things is a gun. The most Indiana thing I can think is being proud of a native son and tolerant and loving of others. Something you clearly aren't. Maybe there is a fox news message board you can post your nonsense on, but its as welcome on the CGS board as Liefeld art.

I didn't write the article, so I'm not sure if you are addressing me or the author. And it's amusing that you as a proud native son of Indiana who's loving and tolerant is telling (me?) to go elsewhere. Which is neither loving nor tolerant. So I'm guessing this was sarcasm?
  • Options
    I mistakenly believed you wrote the article. However I still find you distasteful for posting it and agreeing with it. The only thing a hoosier is intolerant of is intolerance. I advise you to stop reading this board and get a library card, it might help you to become a more educated and reasonable person.
  • Options

I mistakenly believed you wrote the article. However I still find you distasteful for posting it and agreeing with it. The only thing a hoosier is intolerant of is intolerance. I advise you to stop reading this board and get a library card, it might help you to become a more educated and reasonable person.

Word of advice... stop calling yourself loving and tolerant. And try developing a friendship with a conservative or two so you stop vilifying us all. Until you can be civil, I won't engage in any more discussions with you.
  • Options
    Thanks! I don't want you to engage in conversations with me as evidenced by my first comment asking you to leave. I have no interest whatsoever in being friends with or tolerant of conservatives, basically the same as telling me to be friends with a klan member, I mean all of that literally. Bye!
  • Options
    kgforce said:

I didn't write the article, so I'm not sure if you are addressing me or the author. And it's amusing that you as a proud native son of Indiana who's loving and tolerant is telling (me?) to go elsewhere. Which is neither loving nor tolerant. So I'm guessing this was sarcasm?
    While I agree with, because I've been saying it for years, "the only people I can't tolerate are those who are intolerant (for other hateful reasons than this)", you did come off a bit obnoxious.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin

Generalizing that all conservative thinking people are intolerant, which includes literally about half of the US population, is very poor form. Odds are that a large portion of the forum members here are conservative in their bent. Yes there are other political persuasions, but right-thinking makes up about half of the majority.

Being a right-leaning libertarian myself, I find such an angry attitude towards conservatives to indeed be intolerant and believe it indicates a sign of weakness to generalize and demonize an opponent. While on the other hand, feel it is a sign of strength to genuinely listen - and possibly reconsider one's position. If everyone on this forum is supposed to agree all the time and share the same opinion like an echo chamber, it's going to get quite boring around here real quick.

• Options
    Thanks for your feedback! I find conservatism to be the sole result of lack of education or just being a bad person. Keep the George Carlin quotes coming!
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    LOL!
    Insightful :)
  • Options
  • Options
    I am financially moderate to conservative, but socially liberal. I'm a member of a church that is part of two liberal leaning denominations. While most of the members are probably liberal, there are some conservatives that are truly my friends.
  • Options
    phansfordphansford Posts: 221
    Yeah….. lets get this thread back on track. HaHa
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    In the meantime, there is a longer, non-derailed, discussion of the same thing going on over here. I would ask that those that actually want to talk about the Letterman finale do so over on that one. Thanks,
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Eh. I feel good about what I said.
This discussion has been closed.