Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

DC New 52 #0 Issues

GregGreg Posts: 1,946
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/19/dc-comics-launch-zero-issues-for-september/

Rich Johnston of Bleeding Cool strikes again.

Are we going to see #0's for titles that have alrerady been cut or that may yet be cut?

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited April 2012
    As far as publishing stunts go, this is not the worst idea I've seen.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Posts: 62
    I would imagine there will be 'zero' Hawk and Dove '0's :D
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    good:
    That the zero issues will reveal stuff that happened before issue #1. Year Ones, flashbacks, origins.
    bad: the first run of HCs and/or Trades will not feel complete knowing there are #0s upcoming.....

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I hope this happens. I would love to know some backstory about certain characters. Especially Nightwing and his evolution from Robin to Nightwing. Especially considering that it looks like the Robin costume has been tweaked. I would love to see what Dick Grayson and Jason Todd wore as Robin.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Can Parallax and Extant be far behind? :D
  • Options
    I think this is an awesome idea!
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I would say the only downside is that, for it to all happen in the same month, means there was some artificial pressure put on the stories leading up to this to conclude by issue 12. Otherwise, I'm game.
  • Options
    I would say the only downside is that, for it to all happen in the same month, means there was some artificial pressure put on the stories leading up to this to conclude by issue 12. Otherwise, I'm game.
    Does writing for the trade still count as artificial pressure?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yes. But given that the first trades of the New 52 varied in length, there was some wiggle room given. (or, at least, I assume)
  • Options
    Yes. But given that the first trades of the New 52 varied in length, there was some wiggle room given. (or, at least, I assume)
    I knew the canceled titles got all 8 issues traded. I didn't notice there were other variations.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I knew the canceled titles got all 8 issues traded. I didn't notice there were other variations.
    I could be wrong, but I thought there were some variances.

(Just did a quick Amazon check, and the first Swamp Thing collection is 7 issues, the first Animal Man is 6. I thought that might be a HC vs SC thing, but Batman is 7, Action is 8, Wonder Woman is 6 and all three are HCs).

To be fair, that still could have been an editorial mandate when the issues were first being planned. It could be that the collected size of the first volumes ended up putting pressure on the single issue plans. Certainly there is for-the-trade pressure often enough. But I would hope that it was rather a matter of how the stories ended up getting paced out by the people telling them. However, for all the titles to take the 13th month off for a zero issue is one of those across-the-board things that, it would seem, is even more top down than how long the first arc was to be.
  • Options
    However, for all the titles to take the 13th month off for a zero issue is one of those across-the-board things that, it would seem, is even more top down than how long the first arc was to be.
    Ah. Gotcha.
  • Options
    To be clear, though, it is only a small quibble. Looking forward to what these might be.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Hm...already throwing in a September stunt and building toward a big crossover. I hope these are better than the mid 90's Zero issues.
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    The Batman one will be awesome. I am obsessed with the Court of the Owls
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    So far IMO virtually nothing of the ndcu has been better than anything from the 90s lol.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    So far IMO virtually nothing of the ndcu has been better than anything from the 90s lol.
    Duuuuuuuuuude! Nothing will ever top BloodGun!