Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

25-years ago today. . . .

Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
. . . an animated short premiered on the Tracey Ullman show.
Tracey's show lasted 3 seasons. The animated short fared much better.

Comments

• John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    ....and I've been watching the series since the very beginning. That's crazy!
    My kids grew up with The Simpsons (daughter since 1993, son since 1995).
    It's pretty mindblowing.
    And furthermore, we (as a family) still read every issue of The Simpsons comic.

• I stopped watching around S12 I think. It just got stale and seemed to be falling more and more behind on the times. None the less it is very impressive for any show to last 25 years.
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I used to watch reruns religious when I got home from school. nowadays. not so much. But I still have a place in my heart for them.
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I remember seeing a lot of the Ullman shorts, and the Christmas special, and the first season and thinking they were the funniest things ever. Now they're painful! But the truly sad thing is that this isn't one of those things where I'd say "I can't believe it's been 25 years," because when I think about just how long they've always been in the background of my life somewhere, yeah, 25 years sounds about right.

Olllllllllllllllllllddddddd.
  • The best years were the Conan years!
  • Monorail! Monorail!
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Best.Show.Ever
    Top five anyway,,,
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Who needs the Kwik-E-Mart?

I dooooooooooooo
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I gave up back in during the season that had Ricky Gervis on an episode. To me it seemed I was watching the show more cause of "It's what I watch every Sunday night." and not cause I found it funny. Also was around that time that I stopped watching all the other Fox Sunday night shows that weren't King of the Hill.
  • MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    a bad Simpsons episode still outpaces 99% of the other dreck on TV.
    a good Simpsons episode makes me laugh out loud, and that doesn't happen much
    a great Simpsons episode is a thing to behold.

There was a time when saying the Simpsons were't good anymore became the thing to say, its like Saturday Night Live, its been on so long its had multiple high and low points, but there has been funny episodes every season... For most people their favorite season is which ever one where they were finally old enough to "get it" on all its levels... (much like SNL)

I'll agree when they get away from the stunt casting and just do good stories w/o shoehorning in a celebrity they have great stories and plot points.