Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1563 Talkback - Heroes Con 2015

Adam_MurdoughAdam_Murdough Posts: 506
edited June 2015 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Jaunt along with Pants and Murd as they road-trip down to that queen of comic conventions, Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC! You'll hear bin-diving stories, con-floor interviews, panel recaps, a few nuggets of news, and highlights from the Inkwell Awards ceremony (for professional comics inkers) and the ever-popular Heroes Con art auction! (1:26:12)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Great seeing you guys again, and I'm glad we got to hang out more than usual.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    That was a fun one. Thanks for letting us tag along @Pants and @Adam_Murdough.

I'm curious ... did Big John / Marvel Boy say where he actually keeps his collection? Can't even imagine the amount of space that must take up.
  • Options
    PS - What was Tom King referring to when he was talking about the woman with the red purse in Grayson #8?
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868

PS - What was Tom King referring to when he was talking about the woman with the red purse in Grayson #8?

Even with never having read an issue of Grayson, as we are talking about Pants and Spyral, Kathy Kane.
  • Options
    Sorry. Still don't get it. Must be a little too inside baseball for me or something.
  • Options

Sorry. Still don't get it. Must be a little too inside baseball for me or something.

Kathy Kane=the original, Golden/Silver Age Batwoman, one of Pants's favorite characters. Instead of wearing a utility belt, she carried a big red purse full of crime-fighting cosmetics. 'Nuff Said.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868

Kathy Kane=the original, Golden/Silver Age Batwoman, one of Pants's favorite characters. Instead of wearing a utility belt, she carried a big red purse full of crime-fighting cosmetics. 'Nuff Said.
    Also, in Batman Incorporated, she was the head of Spyral, which has been featured in Grayson from the start.
  • Options
    Gotcha. Thanks.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

Gotcha. Thanks.

You have to see Pants' Comic Art Fans page..then you'd really understand how deep it runs.
    ;)
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Ah, this is still yet another con that I want to go to but there is just no way until I retire or something (because of my school's scheduling). Anyway, thanks Pants and Murd for bringing us the highlights!
    - Interesting Q&A with John...did he say marvel man or marvel boy, I forget. Anyway, wow over 30, 000 Marvel comics and still on the increase! I don't know where I went wrong. I started collecting before he did. On the other hand, that means he might have to read some pretty hard to get through comics...if he reads all of them. He should be able to write a book about Marvel's history, I would think, maybe from a fan's perspective.
    -Tom King: So funny! Other than Uncle Sal (who is long overdue for a guest appearance by the way @Pants ), Tom is one of the guests who really makes me laugh!
    -Jamal Eigle (sic): good to hear that Molly Danger is doing well.
    -Ink Pot awards: thanks for the report, Murd! And for the Art Auction report too. Very interesting. $15,000 for a ("naughty"?) White Queen drawing? Wow...
    -Actually, it was nice to hear that Pants is getting back into some DC stuff. I think it's nice to have a balance of DC, Marvel and Independents.