Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Hating on Marvel?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    mphil said:

I think Marvel is doing a pretty poor job with their cosmic titles right now.

Agreed! Bring back the DnA team!

Bendis pretty much turned everything that was great about Guardians into a snooze fest.

Dan Abnett is doing a good job on Guardians 3000, but the artwork is hard to digest.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Mr_Cosmic said:

RickM said:

Judging by social media, Marvel fans sure seem convinced they are going to hate the new FF movie, especially with Thing not wearing bikini bottoms. They had a good laugh over the hot spicy Italian version of Aunt May and are prepared to hate that too. It's not like Marvel fans applaud everything they see.

This bothers me more than the (lack of) pants:

I don't care what they try to say ..that's not Doctor Doom.

It's like the He-Man movie all over again. What I mean is that when I was a kid I was SO excited for the He-Man movie but it was garbage. Somebody decided to change everything because you couldn't make it like the cartoon. Or how about the Super Mario movie..remember that? I get the same vibe here. Just enough is the same so you can use the title but so much is changed that fans barely recognize the characters they love.

This ain't no game, @Mr_Cosmic !
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    the Marvel hate is real!

"If there’s one complaint that even Marvel fans have about the cinematic universe it’s that their formula is starting to get a little tiresome, especially with regards to underdeveloped villains. For me, it hasn’t reached a point where its ruined a movie, but even some of the Marvel flicks that I love (Guardians of the Galaxy) have very forgettable villains."

http://www.slashfilm.com/why-ava-duvernay-turned-down-black-panther/
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    bamfbamf said:

the Marvel hate is real!

"If there’s one complaint that even Marvel fans have about the cinematic universe it’s that their formula is starting to get a little tiresome, especially with regards to underdeveloped villains. For me, it hasn’t reached a point where its ruined a movie, but even some of the Marvel flicks that I love (Guardians of the Galaxy) have very forgettable villains."

http://www.slashfilm.com/why-ava-duvernay-turned-down-black-panther/

Is that really "hate" or a criticism? I agree with the assessment of underdeveloped villains in MCU movies...but I certainly don't hate the movies or Marvel.

M
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    im just being stupid and tongue in cheek and having fun with the thread... and pointing out any criticism