Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Favourite character/s - Best Moment

2»

Comments

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Batman Black+White motion comic "Good Evening Midnight".
    My eyes water everytime I watch it.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Death's Head using/sacrificing Marvel's superheroes to take out Minion, the being that nearly disemboweled him.

"Have to understand the superhero mentality, yes? Give 'em a whiff of a good cause and they're in like Flint!"
  • Options
    The Punisher kills the Marvel universe.
  • Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    "To me... MY GALACTUS!"

three years and two comic series all leading up to one single glorious moment
    I liked this one as well! I thought Hickman was going to go the Earth X route with Franklin and Galactus, but stil...great!

Moments? Agent 355 in Y: the Last Man...the entire issue where she and Yorick have THAT moment, and the heartbreaking thing that happens to her later. My reaction then was Fuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkk!

And I agree with @Torchsong on Captain Marvel in Kingdom Come...

Iron Fist muttering the names of all those Kung-fu moves during the Fraction-Brubaker's run...

Star Lord's heroic sacrifice with Nova at the end of Thanos Imperative...

And still, Wolverine from the sewers!!! Read that when I was a kid, and it really still hits home!
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    How could any of us have gone this long before mentioning Wolvie in the sewers!?! :) Good catch, demonbear.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited May 2012
    Speaking of Wolverine: the first time he popped his claws without the gloves on...
  • Options
    Thought of another one -

Captain America telling the soldiers to intimidate Banner in the helicopter overhead so they could get the Hulk into battle with the Chitauri in the Ultimates :D
  • Options
    Speaking of the Ultimates - Cap beating the holy living crap out of Hank Pym was pretty damn epic.
  • Options
    Ultimates Cap... "you think this A stands for France"!?
    Cant rememeber the book (Marvel Comics Presents?) Punisher fighting Wolverine where Punisher ends up pinning Wolverine under a steam roller.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ultimates Cap... "you think this A stands for France"!?
    Cant rememeber the book (Marvel Comics Presents?) Punisher fighting Wolverine where Punisher ends up pinning Wolverine under a steam roller.
    Wolverine also spent that issue running around with a skull-face, since Frank shot him point-blank with a shotgun.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Speaking of the Ultimates - Cap beating the holy living crap out of Hank Pym was pretty damn epic.
    him biting the poisonous snake to get a mouthful of venom to spit in the bad guys face (wow that sounds horrible the way I put it but the writer did a much better job) in the ultimate cap mini series was pretty awesome too

have a feeling he's about to have another awesome moment in the new stuff, or at least i hope so

• Options
    In brunaker's daredevil run. A man is seen reading a newspaper in a diner about matt murdock having been incarcerated. Outside a mugger holds a woman at knife-point while police try to reason with him. The man in the diner calmly walks out, snaps the guys neck and raises his hands to the cops revealing a shirt with a white skull spray painted on it.

The cops realising who it is scream into their radios 'We need back-up! '

Awesome :D
  • Options
    JGalaJGala Posts: 19
    "For my own part, regret nothing. Have lived life, free from compromise...and step into the shadow now without complaint." - Rorschach

Watchmen changed my reading of comics altogether, but this moment compared to all others, I knew I wouldn't be the same when making future decisions, I'd make sure to say and stand up for what I believe in.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Thor #356 - Hercules is out and about with Jarvis, they encounter some kids in the park and Hercules begins telling story after story of besting Thor, potraying himself as the pinnacle of all champions and Thor as anything but heroic. Towards the end Hercules realizes that one of the kids idolizes Thor, and Herc gives Thor the final victory in the last story.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    edited May 2012
    A couple Morrison JLA thoughts;
    Batman striking a match revealing himself, and a pool of gasoline that he has poured on the floor to invading White Martians.

The Atom riding light waves into Darksieds brain to kill him.

From Batman RIP,
    The reveal that Batman has a "boot-up" personality.

Any issue of All Star Superman.

Crazy eyed Bruce Wayne stating that Wayne Enterprises is bankrolling Batman.

Superman, "Burn."

Barry Allen's death.

Adam Warlock travels forward in time to take the soul of his future self.
    and conversely;
    A dying Adam Warlock has his soul taken by his "younger" self.

Elfquest; The reveal that the forest Elves had mated with wolves.

Superman "singing" Darksied out of existence.

During Dave Cockrum's first run on X-Men, Storm would get naked quite often.

Big fight splash page from X-Men 100.

And, of coarse:
    Wolverine in the sewers.
  • Options
    Batman, getting over his no-guns rule and outdrawing/shooting Darkseid.
  • Options
    JimKellyJimKelly Posts: 20
    This is a great topic;

Green Lantern Rebirth -
    On the moon when Hal Jordan says to Sinestro "Get the hell away from them"

Watchmen
    Rorschach's speech about the crime that changed his life and his view on the universe. Really almost anything Doctor Manhattan says.

The Ultimates
    When Nick Fury says he would pick Samuel L. Jackson to play him in a movie. Too bad it never happened...
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    My favorite characters are Superman, The Question, and Spider-Man. My favorite Superman moment is in All-Star Superman when Superman flies into the sun with no second thought to it. I thought it was poetic that his powers come from the sun and his final act is giving all of himself back to the sun.
  • Options
    There are plenty of times for Wolverine.

SNIKT in Old Man Logan

Wolverine remoniscing about the death of Psylocke in X-Men Unlimited

Reveal of Xorn in New X-Men

Thor vs Iron Man in the early issues of Straczynski

There are a lot of other ones but I can't remember off the top of my head.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    A non-comics version, for the Joker.

"That's not funny.... that's not--"
  • Options
    Yet another great Batman moment from Dark Knight Returns:

Kid: "You're gonna kick the Joker's ass, right?"
    Batman (bloody and bruised): "Watch...watch your language, son..."
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Yet another great Batman Animated moment

As Luthor's Plane blows up with Joker still inside:

Harley: "Puddin'!"
    Batman "He is now."
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Thor #356 - Hercules is out and about with Jarvis, they encounter some kids in the park and Hercules begins telling story after story of besting Thor, potraying himself as the pinnacle of all champions and Thor as anything but heroic. Towards the end Hercules realizes that one of the kids idolizes Thor, and Herc gives Thor the final victory in the last story.
    You got to love Herc!

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944

And, of coarse:
    Wolverine in the sewers.
    check out the last page of Avengers Academy #29.
    niiiiiiiiccce!

• Options
    JimKellyJimKelly Posts: 20
    I got two more:

One from the Ultimates as Hulk is battling the Abomination:
    "What's the square root of six million, two hundred and eleventy?

And from Batman The Animated Series. There is one Christmas episode where Batman and Robin use baseball bats to take out a bunch of Joker's toy planes, and when they're done Robin says:

"They don't call you Batman for nothing!"