Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Murd's Time Bubble - The Twenty-Fifth Time Talkback

Murd is making the Time Bubble available for a brief summer charter-cruise to 2001, featuring the Thunderbolts, JLA, and the ever-lovin' USAgent! Now boarding! (1:35:06)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Great episode, Adam. Any afternoon when I can listen to a Time Bubble is a great afternoon.

Regarding your self-psychoanalysis about why you like doppelgangers, perhaps it's an obvious point and perhaps it doesn't add much of an explanation, but... didn't you get into comics FOR REAL with the Infinity War, which featured many doppelgangers of Marvel heroes?

As for any other, deeper, Freudian hypothesis... Murd, have you ever considered that perhaps you yourself as a comic fan are the Reverse Matt?
  • Options
    BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    edited September 2015
    I was about to write off this week to seasonal allergies and depressing car repairs… then I found a new Time Bubble to hop into, so September's dawn is suddenly much nicer now :smile: Thanks, Murd! And another wonderful episode it was.

The USAgent character was always one I'd seen in toy form, yet never much read, so this Time Bubble was extra enlightening. John Walker sort of sounds like Marvel's answer to Guy Gardner?

Thunderbolts is also an area into which I have yet to dive, BionicDave said with great shame. Now, I think I must. I love Suicide Squad, I loved Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers, and I very much respect Murd's opinions… so I know I will love this title when I finally get my hands on issue #1. Hopefully, comiXology can help me out on that one.

Happy Labor Day Weekend to Murd, and to all of CGS!
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I always look forward to the newest CGS podcast whatever type of show it is. And I'm a huge fan of the Time Bubble episodes in particular. Unfortunately, I'm still not seeing any episodes that are more recent than the July 26 Comic Talk episode in my iPhone's podcast app.
  • Options

I always look forward to the newest CGS podcast whatever type of show it is. And I'm a huge fan of the Time Bubble episodes in particular. Unfortunately, I'm still not seeing any episodes that are more recent than the July 26 Comic Talk episode in my iPhone's podcast app.

Have you tried the manual downloading way? - https://directory.libsyn.com/shows/view/id/comicgeekspeak
  • Options
    So pumped when I saw a new episode and a Time Bubble as well! Thank you for rescuing us Murd.
    I always enjoy the Time Bubbles because I took a hiatus from buying comics (for the most part) between 2000 and 2011. They are great at highlighting stuff that I missed. I have a back log of books as well but I tend to have a less linear approach to my reading. More like a "Sliders" approach to time and space...
    I also enjoy dark reflections of characters or even slightly skewed versions of them. I think much of the Secret Wars stuff that Marvel is doing right now is actually refreshing and is playing with that same concept.
    I think personally I enjoy it because we get a "what if" glimpse into a character's concept. It falls into the category of alternate realities and imagining what would have happened if something was done in a completely different way. Not only that, but well established characters like Superman, Batman, and Captain America are so iconic and they have almost a corporate branding feel to them that a step sideways sometimes makes them more appealing (Although the trend of taking a character and shrink wrapping a more established "branding" around them to make them more interesting is getting a bit tiresome).
    So thanks again Murd, and sorry for my rambling.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Adam, thanks for the episode. It's always appreciated!
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    For the first time in a while, I hadn't read ANY of the issue you discussed, Murd. But still I enjoyed listening to the podcast. As usual, you covered an era that I was buying comics so I wonder how I missed out on those particular issues. Oh, well...it's bargain bin diving time when I can get to a decent store or a con.
  • Options
    This was my first episode of listening to Murd's Time Bubble and I really enjoyed it. It was great to hear talk on comics that was positive and that the reader enjoyed I will diffidently be listening to the older ones.