Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Warner Bros Developing BOOSTER GOLD/BLUE BEETLE Movie

2»

Comments

• WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

I was looking at the merchandise featuring the Reyes Beetle is out there; toys, ads, shirts, etc. it's the same version as in the comics.

Gosh, Matt, now that you mention it, every person I've ever seen wearing a Blue Beetle t-shirt in the grocery store was wearing a Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle t-shirt.

Oh.

Wait.

I've NEVER seen anybody wearing a Blue Beetle t-shirt in the grocery store.
    So it has been common for people to wear comic book character t-shirts (aside from Batman & Kent) the last 10 years? It's probably become more so with the success of the genre. If the cartoons, general DC merchandise & Teen Titans specific merchandise features images of Reyes...wouldn't it make more sense to continue that with the movie?

Don't think small potatoes with the grocery store.

M

Toys don't sell movie tickets: movies sell toys.

I see civilians in superhero garb all the time. And not just Batman and SUPERMAN.

They're learning about these characters from movies and TV shows, not comic books.
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

I was looking at the merchandise featuring the Reyes Beetle is out there; toys, ads, shirts, etc. it's the same version as in the comics.

Gosh, Matt, now that you mention it, every person I've ever seen wearing a Blue Beetle t-shirt in the grocery store was wearing a Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle t-shirt.

Oh.

Wait.

I've NEVER seen anybody wearing a Blue Beetle t-shirt in the grocery store.
    So it has been common for people to wear comic book character t-shirts (aside from Batman & Kent) the last 10 years? It's probably become more so with the success of the genre. If the cartoons, general DC merchandise & Teen Titans specific merchandise features images of Reyes...wouldn't it make more sense to continue that with the movie?

Don't think small potatoes with the grocery store.

M

Toys don't sell movie tickets: movies sell toys.

I see civilians in superhero garb all the time. And not just Batman and SUPERMAN.

They're learning about these characters from movies and TV shows, not comic books.
    So 10 years ago, you saw a plethora of FF, Cap Marvel, Flash, & Iron Man shirts on people "at the grocery store"? I don't buy that for a minute.

So, when little Timmy sees Blue & Gold & mommy decides to get him a DC heroes shirt or even comic books to entice his reading interest, but doesn't understand why she can't find him, that's not a marketing fail?

It makes zero sense to feature a character in a movie when the company has been adamant about bringing him back from the dead. In Smallville Kord was never Blue Beetle, Young Justice had Kord dead, BB&B had Kord in flashbacks because he died.

All 3 had Reyes as the character. Why unless that's the version they're pushing.

There have been 3 live action versions of the Flash (2 TV, 1 will be in the DCCU) all Allen. Is West even a Flash in the comic books? Seems like the Allen version is the one that's being pushed.

M
    Matt said:

So 10 years ago, you saw a plethora of FF, Cap Marvel, Flash, & Iron Man shirts on people "at the grocery store"? I don't buy that for a minute.

Now, Matt.

Not 10 years ago.

I've seen the numbers increase steadily over those ten years.

No FF shirts, of course.
    Matt said:

So, when little Timmy sees Blue & Gold & mommy decides to get him a DC heroes shirt or even comic books to entice his reading interest, but doesn't understand why she can't find him, that's not a marketing fail?

The movie is three or four years away. Little Timmy is still in diapers. The toys will be there for him when he wants them.
    Matt said:

It makes zero sense to feature a character in a movie when the company has been adamant about bringing him back from the dead.

He has been brought back from the dead.

Read Justice League 3000.
    Matt said:

There have been 3 live action versions of the Flash (2 TV, 1 will be in the DCCU) all Allen. Is West even a Flash in the comic books? Seems like the Allen version is the one that's being pushed.

Wally is showing up in Season 2 of The Flash series.
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

Now, Matt.

Not 10 years ago.

No FF shirts, of course.
    That was my point. That merchandise has become more prevalent because non-cb readers are wearing them too.

M
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

The movie is three or four years away. Little Timmy is still in diapers. The toys will be there for him when he wants them.
    There won't be a new Little Timmy 3-4 years from now?

M
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

It makes zero sense to feature a character in a movie when the company has been adamant about bringing him back from the dead.

Is he the status quo Blue Beetle (a la Allen & Jordan) or just in that 1 specific title?

M
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

Wally is showing up in Season 2 of The Flash series.
    I don't watch the series, but I was under the impression the titlar version of Flash was Allen, not West (which was my point).

M
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

DUDE! Spoilers!!!!

edited September 2015
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

Now, Matt.

Not 10 years ago.

No FF shirts, of course.
    That was my point. That merchandise has become more prevalent because non-cb readers are wearing them too.

M
    Mine too.

Why are we arguing? Habit?