Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Care Package

A childhood friend posted this to my FaceBook page. I don't think she knew I was such a fan of comics (or better stated graphic story telling). She posted because it reminded her of some of our recent conversations…… I know I've mentioned that I sold my extensive collection when my Dad died in 2009. Well …. now I'm dealing with my mom. Its what it is. HaHa.

But I thought I would share these…. pretty good use of the media. I'm sure there are others here that have been traveling a similar path as mine and might appreciate this work.

Getting old ain't for sissies.

The last time I went fishing with my Dad.

What I wish my Dad said before he died

In my dad’s final weeks, I was still in denial

My Dad's death was nothing like I imagined

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Those are beautiful, thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358
    My father is in hospital at the moment. We're not quite there yet but we know it's s getting closer.
    Reading your chapters is very moving, strange and, at the same time, familiar.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Caliban said:

My father is in hospital at the moment. We're not quite there yet but we know it's s getting closer.
    Reading your chapters is very moving, strange and, at the same time, familiar.
    Thanks

Hope all goes well.

There seems to be a point where they don't bounce back quite to 100% after each event. You kinda of watch them slowly get weaker after each event.

As I have told many of my friends and family…. this aging parent thing really sucks.

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I am dreading the day my parents are gone. Lost my 101 1/2 year old grandfather earlier this year. And even though for over a decade I have been waiting for him to pass,it still didn't prepare me for him to be gone.