Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

RIP Murphy Anderson

I just found out that the great Murphy Anderson has passed away at the age of 89. I had the pleasure of getting to know him a bit about twelve years ago, and my fellow North Carolinian was a very nice, humble guy with a lot of great stories, and a deep, pleasant voice. Seriously, he would have been good on the radio. I wish I'd had more opportunities to talk with over the years than I did.

Here’s Mark Evanier’s short bio.

Comments

• Options
    I've had the Murphy Anderson autobiography on my Amazon wishlist for YEARS. One of the first things I put on it when I created it.

I'll have to buy it one of these days soon (low extra funds now).

I was also trying to find him awhile back to get an interview for my podcast but could never find contact info for him.

Sad that I won't have a chance to talk to him and thank him for his work.

Remember what Jamie D said folks, always thank your creators for their impact on your fandom and your life.

Much love to his family and friends.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

I've had the Murphy Anderson autobiography on my Amazon wishlist for YEARS. One of the first things I put on it when I created it.

I'll have to buy it one of these days soon (low extra funds now).

I was also trying to find him awhile back to get an interview for my podcast but could never find contact info for him.

Sad that I won't have a chance to talk to him and thank him for his work.

Remember what Jamie D said folks, always thank your creators for their impact on your fandom and your life.

Much love to his family and friends.

The book has been out of print for years, but you can probably find a used copy somewhere. That's how I got to know Murphy, when he did a signing for the book in San Diego that year.

He was pretty much incommunicado the past four or five years because of his health, but he would have been a great guest.
  • Options
    It's about $30 at it's CHEAPEST on Amazon. I can't imagine finding it for cheaper anytime soon.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    If I had an extra copy I'd offer it to you, but I only have my one personalized copy left.
  • Options
    lol. I'd never ask you to part with it anyways.