Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Image Expo 2016 — What Looks Good?

Several intriguing announcements made today at the Image Expo. There are at least half a dozen titles I'll be trying out.

Here's the rundown:

Glitterbomb by Jim Zub and Djibril Morissette
Afar by Leila del Duca and Kit Seaton
Vs by Ivan Brandon and Esad Ribic
Black Cloud by Ivan Brandon, Jason Latour, Greg Hinkle, and Matt Wilson
Winnebago Graveyard by Steve Niles and Alison Sampson
Horizon by Brandon Thomas, Juan Gedeon, and Frank Martin
The Hunt by Colin Larimer
Lake of Fire by Nathan Fairbairn and Matt Smith
The Divided States of America by Howard Chaykin
Prima by Jan Van Meter and Rick Burchett
Rockstars by Joe Harris and Megan Hutchinson
Romulus by Bryan Edward Hill and Tim Nelson II
Surgeon X by Sarah Kenny and John Watkiss
Kill or Be Killed by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips
The Black Monday Murders by Jonathan Hickman and Tomm Coker
Seven to Eternity by Rick Remender and Jerome Opeña
Moonshine by Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso
Motor Crush by Cameron Stewart, Brendan Fletcher, and Babs Tarr
Isola: Island of the Dead by Brendan Fletcher and Karl Kerschl

Comments

• Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    The Black Monday Murders - although I'm hoping for more Dying & The Dead first...
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    Black Monday Murders is definitely top of the list. That's an automatic. As is Kill or Be Killed. I don't like the sound of the premise as much as Fade Out or Fatale, but they've got a proven track record with me, so I'll at least try it out.

Prima looks like it could be fun. I like most of Burchett's work, and Van Meter has done stuff I like. I'll give that one a try.

Motor Crush and Isola I'll try as well, based on the premises and the creators. Probably Black Cloud too, for the same reasons.

Lake of Fire, Rockstars, The Hunt sound interesting, but I'll probably wait to check them out in the store before buying. The rest I'll probably need to hear some good word of mouth on before I do more than flip through them on the rack.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I don't mean to keep focusing only on Hickman's book but I read a quote on IGN where he said each issue will have 10-20 pages of extra material (history, maps, etc).
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited April 2016
    Mechanism from Raffaele Ienco, of course
  • Horizon, Kill Or Be Killed (BRUBAKER/PHILLIPS!), Lake of Fire, Black Cloud, The Black Monday Murders, and Divided States of Hysteria have my interest.
  • I'll be checking out Kill or be Killed for sure, maybe Motor Crush and Surgeon X but otherwise this was one of the most disappointing Image Expos in terms of announcements in a couple of years.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    Brian K. Vaughan and Matt Fraction can only write so many titles. :) But yeah, it doesn't seem to be as exciting a group as a whole. It's still a more interesting group than the Rebirth announcements as far as I'm concerned. And there could be some sleepers in there.