Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Comic Shops in Indianapolis, IN

I will be heading out to Indianapolis, IN for a some training and wondered what comic shops are in the area and how they rate. Can anyone offer any help?

- Angrytownsman (DArkaine on the former forums)

Answers

• Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    Where will you be? I was there on biz about 6 months ago and hit almost every shop in the area. Downtown there is a shop called simply enough 'Downtown Comics' just off the circle that is pretty good. Kind of skimpy back issue selection but very nice staff and a well done store that caters to the new comics readers who are working downtown.

I'm from Indy and my LCS from when I was a kid was called Comic Carnival. I will tell you that although you may find a website or have it show up on searches it is in fact closed. Drove out there with a friend just to find a locked door and empty space.

there is another shop on the south side called Comic Book University and it had a much better back issue selection. Bought a few books there. I can only assume the name is some kind of inside joke because I don't think it is in a university area.
  • Options
    I used to live in Indy and "Downtown Comics" was my go to shop. I recommend it highly.