Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1611 Talkback - Previews

Save some room for Previews! We go through the June catalog for items shipping starting in August. (1:05:28)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited June 2016
    Roger McKenzie is not an artist, so that Daredevil Annual listing is a misprint. Vanesa Del Rey is the actual cover artist.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I looked the book up on a couple of different sites, and they all have a variant cover by Roger McKenzie listed as the “C” edition of the book, so maybe it wasn’t a typo. But there is no image available. I have never seen anything drawn by McKenzie. He’s never penciled or inked anything professionally for comics before. I'm wondering if it's just going to be his signature or a sketch or something along those lines.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Afterlife with Archie was also delayed because the writer was writing the script and developing the upcoming Riverdale TV series.

@ShaneKelly The Graveyard Book is quite good. The novel is my favorite Gaiman book, and P. Craig Russell’s adaptation is spot on. Like The Jungle Book on which the novel is an homage to, each chapter is basically its own little story, and there are some really great artists working on the various chapters (and all laid out by Russell to provide storytelling consistency).
  • Options
    @wildpigcomics, thanks very much for the shout out, but I didn't actually write Plugged In. It’s another typo from Diamond. Keith Veronese is the writer, and he did a fine job with it. And it ties in nicely with your comments about book delays. The book is about comic book writers and artists who cross over into video game writing and production art—you know, because it generally pays a lot better than comics.

Also, the Eric Powell Modern Masters book is mine in that I edited and designed the book (and wrote the captions), and it’s part of the series I created, but my buddy George Khoury did the interviews with Eric for that one.

Just wanted to get their names out there since Diamond didn’t.
  • Options
    @wildpigcomics, you were asking what Chris Giarrusso is doing these days. He is writing and drawing his G-Man character as a kid-friendly web comic, among other things. You can check them out at chrisgcomics.com. I actually met him last fall at the NYCC at a dinner with a bunch of mutual friends—cool guy.
  • Options
    Adam mentioned Bandette by Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover. Bandette is the first digital comic that I have subscribed to. It's a great all ages story that is well worth checking out.
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    If you guys get the double audio again, have both @Adam_Murdough and @wildpigcomics disconnect and reconnect their mics. This one sounded like it was probably coming from Chris' end, as you never heard him echo, but you did Murd and the studio. It's a pain in the ass, but unfortunately one of those Skype quirks that pops up from time to time.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Once again thanks for the previews of Previews! This and the Comic Book Page Previews Spotlights really help me with my order. Oh, did you NOT do Off-The-Rack Picks this month? Maybe you're getting to far behind so you suspended them?
  • Options
    TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    alienal said:

Oh, did you NOT do Off-The-Rack Picks this month?

Thanks for reconfirming that they weren't mentioned! I thought that I missed it somehow! The question remains: is OTR on the back burner again?

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030

alienal said:

Oh, did you NOT do Off-The-Rack Picks this month?

Thanks for reconfirming that they weren't mentioned! I thought that I missed it somehow! The question remains: is OTR on the back burner again?

@TheMarvelMan The mentioned in this month's previews they need to play catch up.