Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1616 Talkback - 2016 San Diego Comic-Con Recap

2»

Comments

• Options
    BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    edited August 2016
    imgur.com/gallery/EAZxf

YES! IT'S SUPER SAIYAN GOKU! AND... @Pants hahahaha

(Thx for the assist, @bralinator)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I've tried, but just can't get the pic to work. @pants I will email the pic to you! :joy:
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Awesome! Sorry I couldn't give better instructions Dave
  • Options
    No you were great @bralinator , I'm just old and tech-impaired :confused:

But nonetheless, behold SUPER SAIYAN GOKU!!! AND... Pants. haha
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

Of all the characters they had to pick from they chose Ego? WHY??

Good question. As one of the few people on planet Earth who thoroughly disliked the first "Guardians" movie, it looks like everyone involved with it is stomping down on the gas pedal when it comes to The Zany. Don't get me wrong...I love Marvel Studios' clever use of humor in all of their films, but when it becomes the motivating force of a film (as it was for Guardians), it undermines the rest of their output. If Guardians was its own self-contained thing, no problem. It is what it is. But when (not "if") they combine the Guardians with the Avengers for the Infinity War movies, they're going to have a big tonal problem on their hands when it comes to The Zany. In other words, no room for dance-off challenges.

EGO seems like an indication Guardians 2 is going for the camp jugular. Yes, Ego is a big, beloved part of Marvel's rich cosmology, and could possibly be used in a live action film...but as the father of Starlord? I dunno.

The zany doesn't bother me. That's Marvel cosmic. In the comics The Punisher is in the same universe as Galactus and Eternity along with all of Starlin's trippy stuff...and I love that. The first Guardians movie was a lot like the DnA run of the title and this next film is adding Mantis which makes me happy. What I don't get is taking a cosmic character like Ego, giving him abilities we've never seen before, and making him related to a long established character. I just don't get it. I guess being the King of the Sparta Empire's son just isn't good enough...
    A piece of Ego has taken a humanoid form before. I agree though, this is weird and I'm not thrilled. Not against it either though.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ego_Prime_(Earth-616)