Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    DAR said:
    Truthfully, I'm more excited for this & the Wonder Woman movie then anything else announced in the works for the DCEU.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Bring it on. I loved Man of Steel.

Hell, let's let Snyder direct again just to get everyone's knickers in a twist again. :)
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Torchsong said:

let's let Snyder direct again just to get everyone's knickers in a twist again. :)

No, please.
  • Options

Torchsong said:

let's let Snyder direct again just to get everyone's knickers in a twist again. :)

No, please.
    See? They're twisting already! :smiley: <- kidding
  • Options
    Imagining a world where there is a Superman movie that doesn't involve either Lex Luthor or Phantom Zone criminals as villains. Let's hope the next Superman movie dares to dream this crazy dream.
  • Options

Imagining a world where there is a Superman movie that doesn't involve either Lex Luthor or Phantom Zone criminals as villains. Let's hope the next Superman movie dares to dream this crazy dream.

We already got it. It's borderline "crazy dream" & "nightmare."

https://youtu.be/-7qo4Iy0ULk

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

We already got it. It's borderline "crazy dream" & "nightmare."

https://youtu.be/-7qo4Iy0ULk

M
    Okay....a Superman movie without Lex Luthor, Phantom Zone criminals, and a wildly miscast (and over-rated) comedian.
  • Options
    They need to bring in Braniac. They need to have a bona-fide world-threatening menace that only Superman can handle. Yeah, I know, what the heck were Zod and Doomsday if not world-threatening...maybe I should say galaxy threatening or hell, universe threatening. Something so larger-than-anyone that when Supes take it down there's no doubt that we need him.

Also, if you've seen the meme going around...he needs the mullet. :)
  • Options
    Mark_EngblomMark_Engblom Posts: 343
    edited August 2016
    Torchsong said:

They need to bring in Braniac. They need to have a bona-fide world-threatening menace that only Superman can handle.

YES! Brainiac could be a genuinely cool, creepy threat that elevates Superman's adventures beyond Earth (since ALL of his previous movies are Earth-bound).
  • Options
    Mister Mxyzptlk or Toyman might be fun, even Parasite. Braniac seems the obvious choice, but I would watch it. No love for Bizarro?
  • Options

Mister Mxyzptlk or Toyman might be fun, even Parasite. Braniac seems the obvious choice, but I would watch it. No love for Bizarro?

Toyman? Wasn't there a press release WB wasn't going to have humor in their DC movies?!
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Matt said:

Toyman? Wasn't there a press release WB wasn't going to have humor in their DC movies?!

Considering how he dispatched Cat Grant's son in the nineties... He fits perfectly.
  • Options

No love for Bizarro?

Oh, I've got plenty of love for Bizarro (as you can see from my avatar), but not sure he'd be my first choice for a movie villain...or any of the other more whimsical villains. Not that I want "All Serious, All The Time" for Superman movies, I just feel like he needs movie villains that elevate the character, not humiliate or exasperate him.

I think the Parasite would be an excellent movie villain as well. Heavy hitter and a real threat to Superman's life.

• Options

No love for Bizarro?

Oh, I've got plenty of love for Bizarro (as you can see from my avatar), but not sure he'd be my first choice for a movie villain...or any of the other more whimsical villains. Not that I want "All Serious, All The Time" for Superman movies, I just feel like he needs movie villains that elevate the character, not humiliate or exasperate him.

I think the Parasite would be an excellent movie villain as well. Heavy hitter and a real threat to Superman's life.

Maybe they could use the Smallville idea of having Kent contained & a bizarro version has been Kent all this time. They could make the true Kent be the "schucks" version & the brooding one bizarro.
  • Options
    Mark_EngblomMark_Engblom Posts: 343
    edited August 2016
    When I learned that the body of General Zod would be showing up in BvS, I originally assumed Snyder was going to do a "kinda-sorta" Bizarro type thing by having Lex Luthor bring the body back to some kind of pseudo-life and attack the heroes (with Zod now looking vaguely like a Bizarro).

Glad I was wrong.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Bizarro would be a tough nut to crack on film. Same with myxie. Brainiac is waaaay overdue and still a perfect superman film villain. I always expected lex wascgoing to recover clarks lost blood sample from the MoS metropolis rubble and create a version of bizarro. Or clone some super powered villains using the "codex" traces within or some variation there of.
  • Options
    Considering the great stuff he did for both the Star Trek and Star Wars franchises, I hope there is some truth to this new rumor that J.J. Abrams could be directing "Man of Steel 2"...

fortressofsolitude.co.za/2016/08/j-j-abrams-man-steel-2/
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I really doubt this rumor
  • Options
    Oh, I don't doubt that J.J.'s being considered, but I doubt he winds up doing it.
  • Options
    Yeah, he's already bailed out two franchises....I suppose he doesn't want to get the "Mr. Fixit" reputation. But man, it sure would be nice to get a fresh perspective on DC's pantheon of superheroes.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I wouldn't mind if JJ took a shot at it.

While I enjoyed MoS, I wouldn't mind something a little more hopeful. Just don't go overboard.
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    Braniac as the villain, and Lana Lang as the monkey wrench thrown in to muddy the romance subplot in the sequel. If I'm right, I called it. If I'm wrong, I'll be mightily surprised.

Mind you, I don't even know if I'll go see it after how much I disliked the first one. And if it's Snyder, yeah, this is HBO viewing for me. I'm done being jerked around by him.