Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Young Justice Season 3 could still happen????

Of all the shows Netflix could revive for another season, Young Justice season 3 is a definite option. DC’s animated show about a team of teen superheroes premiered in 2010 and got the axe in 2013. The streaming service released the first two seasons on its platform, while hope for a potential season 3 pickup has been kept alive. Amid new rumors that it’s now a done deal, original writer Peter David took to his personal blog to clear things up.

A few days ago, a Reddit user posted about a conversation with David at Connecticut’s TerrificCon Comic-Con. The writer allegedly told the fan that he had a meeting with Netflix about Young Justice season 3. Since then, David took to Twitter to confirm he was misquoted, but he’s keeping fan hopes alive.

He stated that series creator Greg Weisman said that “Netflix is seriously considering ordering a third season because they’re impressed with how much people are watching it.” However, it’s far from a sure thing.
That’s what I’ve been saying for the past month, countless times, ever since I had lunch with Greg before San Diego. Seems pretty straightforward.

And suddenly I’ve been getting barraged with tweets and emails from fans asking me if it’s true that I’ve had a meeting with Netflix about writing the third season. Why? Because someone asked me the question at the recent Terrificon in Connecticut and, rather than report the answer I’ve given at least a hundred times, he instead provided his own version. I’ve no doubt it was an innocent mistake, but it’s caused a MAJOR headache for me.

Furthermore I’m now worried it could do damage to the cause, because people might think, “We did it! There’s gonna be a third season, done deal!” and then stop watching. Which would then cause Netflix to say, “Hunh, people have stopped watching, guess it was just a passing fad,” and that’s that.
So I will say it once more: It is NOT a done deal. So continue watching Young Justice if you want to have a hope of a third season.
Given Netflix’s array of kid-friendly humor, including Voltron: Legendary Defender, Young Justice season 3 would fit right in. Just keep watching, folks!

This would be great. Love this show and I want one more season to finish the stories that didn't get finished.

Comments