Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1631 - Previews

Let there be Previews! We go through the November catalog for items shipping to stores beginning in January. (1:22:11)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    My podcast app won't download this one. "Failed: url could not be found"

Anyone else having a problem?
  • Options
  • Options
    Finally worked. Kept getting the same error message all morning.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

My iPhone is having a problem downloading it as well. It says the following:

Unable to Download Podcast

"1631 - Previews" could not be downloaded at this time

I tried rebooting the phone, to no avail. And I have more than enough space on the phone for the file, which is 46mb. Since this has happened before, I know it usually works out in a day or so.

However, if you're in a hurry and experiencing any problems, you can always use this link
  • Options

The problem with Episode 1631's accessibility was a typo on our admin page, entirely my fault, which I've corrected. Should download fine now. Sorry, everybody!
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

<
    The problem with Episode 1631's accessibility was a typo on our admin page, entirely my fault, which I've corrected. Should download fine now. Sorry, everybody!

Thanks Adam! That absolutely fixed it for me.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    RE: Monsters Unleashed mini-series

I remember reading somewhere that this was Marvel's 2017 summer event. They're releasing it in January in hopes to solicit the "final" issue in May. This will allow them to extend the series to one more issue, solicited in June, which will ship in August and thus have an actual summer event wrap up while it's still summer. I think it was for summer 2017, maybe it was 2018...?

ZING! ;)
  • Options

Nothing specific to comment on regarding the Previews offerings, but I just wanted to thank Adam and Chris for doing yeoman's work keeping the CGS fires burning the last several episodes. It's always great when the gang is all together, but you guys have been doing great...and it's much appreciated. Thanks again for making the best of a less than ideal situation.

Mark, many thanks for the kind words!
  • Options
    Just as an addendum to the Kamandi discussion, there was a retailer who went to a DC Roadshow and recorded Dan DiDio and Jim Lee talking about DC Rebirth. One of the items was Kamandi. There are two episodes people may enjoy hearing:

1) DC Retailer Roadshow Recap - Discussion by James and Eric about what they hear, specifically I think James did a recap of where Kamandi came from, what his world is like, and what the idea behind the Kamandi Challenge is: http://media.blubrry.com/incredicow/p/kowabungacomics.com/Audio/KowCast3-Rebirth.mp3

2) Raw audio from the entire Rebirth panel: http://media.blubrry.com/incredicow/p/kowabungacomics.com/audio/KowCast4-SpecialEditionRebirthRoadshow.mp3
  • Options
    One can hardly go wrong jumping on board The Kamandi Challenge bandwagon. Considering the batshit insanity of the original comics, the modern creators signing on for the round-robin style storytelling certainly won't be painted into a corner. In other words, no matter how crazy the cliffhangers are, literally any solutions they come up with....no matter how nutty or nonsensical...will still work within Kirby's fever dream landscape. So...paradoxically, The Kamandi Challenge is simultaneously incredibly risky, yet oddly risk-free.

Oh, and speaking of The Kamandi Challenge, I can't remember if Adam and Chris mentioned this or not, but to tie into the new series, DC is also offering up a reprint of the classic Kamandi #32, a 100-Page Giant published in 1975 (which also includes Kamandi's origin story). Might be a fun way for people unfamiliar with Kamandi to get a crash course in his Apocalyptic wacknuttery before starting in with the Challenge series!

• Options
    ^^^ Regarding the above cover to the Kamandi #32 reprint: As cool as this book looks, I'm not too sure about getting "an intimate glimpse of Jack Kirby". ;-)