Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Comic and/or manga dissertation research -please please participate

Why do Individuals get Involved in the comic and manga subculture?

Please would you participate in a study into the reasons why individuals engage with comics and manga? The study also wants to identify who is participating and with what aspect of this evolving subculture they are engaging with.

You are being asked to participate as you are the individuals that are involved in the subculture and therefore you are the ideal candidate to research the reasons why people engage with the subculture. You will be required to complete a survey should you choose to participate which will ask you about your engagement with comic and manga which will be an online survey so you can complete it in the comfort of your own home. You will only have to complete the one survey and should you wish to discuss the survey after you have participated feel free to comment on the forum or alternatively email b4017868@my.shu.ac.uk.

Once the study is complete the findings will be analysed in my dissertation and then they will be deleted promptly, the only people with access to these findings will be myself and my supervisor. As mentioned earlier the raw data will only be kept until the dissertation is complete then all data will be deleted. The findings will be used to better understand the comic and manga subculture and will be used purely for dissertation purposes. You will be kept anonymous throughout the research process so no one will know who has participated in the study, the study is likely to last until May when the dissertation is submitted but the survey will remain available for 1 month.

If you would like to know the results of the study please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to tell you them. Also, if you don’t wish to take part then don’t feel obliged to do so it is completely voluntary and should you change your mind during the study you have the right to withdraw until you click submit on the survey. Have you got any questions if so contact the above email or comment on the forum.

Should you need to contact anyone following the study please contact my email b4017868@my.shu.ac or my supervisor sslmb@exchange.shu.ac.uk for support or enquiries.

Please use the link below to access the survey, the link is open from 4am MT 12/15/16- 4am MT 01/15/17
https://shusls.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_d6llugTlYfZ3YlD

P.S. Thank you in advance if you choose to participate and a special thanks to Comic Geek speak for allowing me to post my survey here :)