Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Free Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes DVD!

At Wal-Mart today I saw Avengers - Earth Mightiest Heroes DVDs on sale for $10. "But wait, Kyle," you say. "I thought you said free." I did say free. They also include a voucher to get a free ticket to see The Avengers in theaters, up to $12 value. And let's face it - all of you were going to go see Avengers anyway. So that makes this a free DVD. I bought volume 1 even though I already have a ticket to see Avengers (I'll see it again!) and I've never even seen a single episode of this cartoon.

Comments

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    The cartoon is really good. Way better than the 90s Avengers cartoon. I love the episode that introduced Captain America. I had never watched the cartoon. But last summer the week before the Captain America movie premiered. I found all the current episodes on netflix streaming. So I watched them with my younger cousins so they would know more about Cap before we saw the movie. I think if I knew what channel aired it I might set my dvd recorder to record the episodes.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    At Wal-Mart today I saw Avengers - Earth Mightiest Heroes DVDs on sale for $10. "But wait, Kyle," you say. "I thought you said free." I did say free. They also include a voucher to get a free ticket to see The Avengers in theaters, up to $12 value. And let's face it - all of you were going to go see Avengers anyway. So that makes this a free DVD. I bought volume 1 even though I already have a ticket to see Avengers (I'll see it again!) and I've never even seen a single episode of this cartoon.
    The problem being that those tickets are almost always complete bunk. You show up to the theater, and they won't take it.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    The cartoon is really good. Way better than the 90s Avengers cartoon. I love the episode that introduced Captain America. I had never watched the cartoon. But last summer the week before the Captain America movie premiered. I found all the current episodes on netflix streaming. So I watched them with my younger cousins so they would know more about Cap before we saw the movie. I think if I knew what channel aired it I might set my dvd recorder to record the episodes.
    It's on Disney XD, which is a digital channel so you can only access it if you have digital cable or satellite.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I love this show.

I'll miss it after this season.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445

The problem being that those tickets are almost always complete bunk. You show up to the theater, and they won't take it.
    Depends on the theater...you should check before you go.

• Options
    I have used them a few times at the crappy theater in this small town and they have always taken them. But it pays to call first and make sure that the theater you are going too takes them.

• Options
    It's on Disney XD, which is a digital channel so you can only access it if you have digital cable or satellite.
    Ok I get that channel . We have Dish Network with the biggest package of channels.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    According to the website, there are two theaters near me that take it. One is a nice, first-run Regal Cinemas with 24 screens. The other is a "Movie Tavern" which I've never been to, but I know where it is and it looks like a nice place. So yeah, a lot of theaters don't take it, but if you live anywhere close to a major city, I'm sure you'll find at least something.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
  • Options
    http://movietavern.com/

(and their summer retro schedule is awesome! Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Goonies, Beetlejuice, Batman (1966), The Godfather and a whole bunch more than I'm gonna take the time to list! I could seriously go to that almost every week this summer. I could probably live without Viva Las Vegas or The Sound of Music, though. But every other week, I could go.)

And the Regal Hadley Center 16 is the closest theater to Wild Pig accepting tickets. ;)
  • Options
    Well, sir, on Monday (I had already bought a ticket for opening day before buying the DVD and I hadn't gotten around to a second viewing until Monday) I used the ticket I got from this at Regal Cinemas and had no problem whatsoever. Not only that I was able to use my Regal Cinemas card and got enough points to get me a free movie ticket (and those are good for IMAX, 3D, first week showings, etc). So for $10 plus tax, I got an Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes DVD, a ticket to see the Avengers and a ticket to see Prometheus in IMAX. And there was a very long list of theaters (I only got a partial list before which is why I only said two in an earlier post) near me that take the tickets (good theaters too, not crap theaters).

So there!

And the coupons are still good until June 10, so if you see the DVDs at Wal-Mart (or anywhere else although they're not always as cheap as at Wal-Mart, but still $15 for DVDs and a movie ticket is still a good deal), you can still get in on the deal.
  • Options
    TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159

What?! Is this the last season of the show?! Please, say it isn't so!
  • Options
    And if you want some more free DVDs.... at Best Buy they have a bunch of Blu-Rays for $9.99 (including the X-Men movies except for First Class, the Alien movies and Fight Club, among others). Those Blu-Rays also include a code for $10 toward a ticket to see Prometheus. If you were going to see Prometheus anyway, that's a free Blu-Ray. If you weren't going to see Prometheus anyway, then what the hell's wrong with you?
  • Options
    edited May 2012

What?! Is this the last season of the show?! Please, say it isn't so!
    Sorry, @TheMarvelMan. It's most likely going away, considering comments Loeb has made. (And some things he hasn't, like not confirming a third season)
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/22/is-the-avengers-earths-mightiest-heroes-cancelled
  • Options
    TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    Sorry, @TheMarvelMan. It's most likely going away...
    You are well named, because Dr. Doom never brings good news! Yeah, I just listened to Loeb on Word Balloon, and he was, at best, very evasive when asked about a third season. I'm gonna have to drown my sorrows with comics, lots and lots of comics!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    At the very least, I'm grateful to have had two seasons of Avengers awesomeness.

Even if I am saddened.

And now, like you, I want to read comics.