Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

FCBD 2017

Just wondering what everyone who participated in today's Free Comic Book Day picked up. The only free books that I picked up were 'Atomic Robo' and 'DC's Super Hero girls' for my nephew and neice and then 'Absolutely Normal' for my daughter. I grabbed the Overstreet guide to collecting for myself. And since there was a sale, I also left my LCS with several Bronze Age back issues (Conan the Barbarian, Uncanny X-Men, and Marvel Team-Up).

I didn't get to go until just before dinner time so the pickings were probably slim, but I already preordered what I wanted from DCBS. I still enjoyed it.

What did you guys get today? Any cool deals or "white whales"?

Comments

• Options
    RickMRickM Posts: 407
    Wonder Woman, XO Manowar, Hostage by Guy Delisle, Ballad of Franklin Bonisteel (no idea what it was about but looked interesting).

I visited two shops. Each of them was limiting everyone to two comics each. The shops seems less generous every year, but I'm not really complaining.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I had been planning on going, taking my daughter and a couple of her friends, but I ended up having to go out of town for a funeral instead. Only the second FCBD I've missed.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    edited May 2017
    One thing about cosplaying as Doctor Who is that very few people know who you are and just think you're poncing about in fancy dress.
    However, I did have one young woman come up to me and ask, "Are you twelve?"
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Got my kids in the car at about 2pm and headed to the LCS. Reeeeally disappointed at the books they still had. There was a few DC Super Hero Girls, a plethora of Simpsons Bongo, a smattering of Betty and Veronica, and one BOOM! Studios book left when we got there. I didn't even take the time to really look at them. The store opened at 10am. None of these I really wanted, and my kids just shrugged and rolled their eyes when I asked if they wanted any. I suppose we gotta get there on time next year and wait in line for an hour just to get into the store (as their updated Facebook posts were stating).

They did have a 50% off back issues sale (which are roughly 3x overpriced anyway) that was going on and I picked up a handful of late Bronze Age Amazing Spider-Man books. The "holiday" just doesn't feel like it had the charm it once used to. Especially when I see how exciting other stores look via Facebook friends. Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy...

Thank goodness I can pick some of the FCBD books from my "real" comic book shop, DCBS. I suppose I can also read what I missed on comiXology.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I Hate Image was really fun.