Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1660 Talkback - July 2017 Previews

It's Previews time again! In this episode we go through the July 2017 catalog for items shipping to stores beginning in September. (1:28:24)

Listen here.

Comments

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    Comic Creator Pronunciation Guide, Entry #352: Nick Cuti pronounces it CUT-ee.
    edited July 2017
    I would also point out the English edition of Hugo Pratt’s Man of the Great North graphic novel. Pratt is to South American and European comics what Will Eisner and Alex Toth rolled into one are to US comics.

Also, make sure you stay for the post-credits audio! Someone needs to sign you to a record label ASAP, @Pants! :smiley:
    @Adam_Murdough, re: Dastardly and Muttley, the artist Mauricet is Alain Mauricet, a Belgian artist who’s been getting work with DC for about a year now, most recently on one of the Harley Quinn books. I've known him for a few years now, and he’s very good, a huge Kirby fan, and a super nice guy.
  • matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    @pants @ShaneKelly

This is also an acceptable pronounciation of Detroit. We were founded by the French.

• Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I wasn't excited for Metal at all until I read The Forge. It did the same thing for me that Rebirth #1 did. Lots of teases and this time(hopefully) we'll get all the answers within the event over the next few months.
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I wasn't excited for Metal at all until I read The Forge. It did the same thing for me that Rebirth #1 did. Lots of teases and this time(hopefully) we'll get all the answers within the event over the next few months.

I'm in the mixed feeling camp. The story was intriguing. A few concerns:

- Large swaths of JRJR art - I'm sure that I missed something on those pages - read them fast and spent very little time with the art as it literally makes me angry.

- What feels like a large potential to be screw still further with the Hawks.
  • BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    edited July 2017
    I read DARK DAYS: THE FORGE and found it fun enough. But like Murd, I'm a bit offput that this will be an(other) event all about Batman. DC's like a 45 year old woman with huge breasts who thinks the only reason why any guys would be interested in her is because of her breasts. I mean yes, Batman is an ample pleasure, but jeez DC... there's a whole lot more of you to like. I wish you'd realize that.
  • Evening639Evening639 Posts: 368
    edited July 2017

I read DARK DAYS: THE FORGE and found it fun enough. But like Murd, I'm a bit offput that this will be an(other) event all about Batman. DC's like a 45 year old woman with huge breasts who thinks the only reason why any guys would be interested in her is because of her breasts. I mean yes, Batman is an ample pleasure, but jeez DC... there's a whole lot more of you to like. I wish you'd realize that.

Comparing Batman to a pair of boobies really makes me look at Kelly Jones' interpretation of the Dark Knight in a new way. Staying with that analogy, would Jones' run be DC's "Blond Ambition" era?

• alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Aside from the usual good recommendations and nice lists of what the Geeks were getting, I found some other amusing things in this episode. 1) Even though Chris was not there, Shane did several of his "Ohhhh!" reactions to different things. 2) Pants kept mentioning how low his order was, but always seem to question if Shane was actually trying to keep his order low or not. Haha! 3) Murd's order list was quite similar to mine, except for some obvious differences -- mostly those books dealing with funny animals (My Little Pony, etc.) or Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. Thanks for the episode guys!!
  • EdChambersEdChambers Posts: 64
    I absolutely loved Pants singing the Monkees at the very, very end of the episode! Fantastic!
  • ShaneKellyShaneKelly Posts: 155
    alienal said:

Aside from the usual good recommendations and nice lists of what the Geeks were getting, I found some other amusing things in this episode. 1) Even though Chris was not there, Shane did several of his "Ohhhh!" reactions to different things. 2) Pants kept mentioning how low his order was, but always seem to question if Shane was actually trying to keep his order low or not. Haha! 3) Murd's order list was quite similar to mine, except for some obvious differences -- mostly those books dealing with funny animals (My Little Pony, etc.) or Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. Thanks for the episode guys!!

I always start out making my order up with just about anything I would like to get. Which is always epic amounts of dollars. Then I trim it to what is realistic. Sometimes I end up trimming even more. It averages 20 to 30 individual books. With this twice months shipping stuff it is difficult.

Generally speaking I regularly order:

Batgirl (1)
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey (1)
    Batman (2)
    Detective Comics (2)
    Blue Beetle (1)
    Justice League (2)
    Justice league of America (2)
    Titans (1)

Star Wars (1)
    Darth Vader (1)
    Doctor Aphra (1)
    Poe Dameraon (1)

Previews
    Back Issue

Now added Mister Miracle. Lately has also been Motor Girl, STTNG: Mirror Broken and M.A.S.K. related books.

Once in a while a trade, OGN, or Hardback. However, even those I have slowed down with.