Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Marvel in the C.B. Cebulski Era (News, New Title Announcements, etc.)

13»

Comments

• Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Both Black Panther and Dr Strange books will be taking place...in space.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Tonebone said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

Both Black Panther and Dr Strange books will be taking place...in space.

I'm sure you meant to say "... in SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE!"
    Obviously.
  • I'm already getting Black Panther, that won't change. I'll probably try Sentry since it’s Lemire, even though I'm not a fan of the concept/character. I'll wait and see who the artist on Ghost Rider is before I decide on it.

I'm curious to know - is it because of the disservice the Sentry was done in the Bendis era? I was a fan of the original concept and mini series by Paul Jenkins from back in the day but I think everything that happened after was such a travesty. So, I'm also keen for this series because I enjoy Lemire's writing and to see if he can redeem the character/concept somewhat.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736

I'm already getting Black Panther, that won't change. I'll probably try Sentry since it’s Lemire, even though I'm not a fan of the concept/character. I'll wait and see who the artist on Ghost Rider is before I decide on it.

I'm curious to know - is it because of the disservice the Sentry was done in the Bendis era? I was a fan of the original concept and mini series by Paul Jenkins from back in the day but I think everything that happened after was such a travesty. So, I'm also keen for this series because I enjoy Lemire's writing and to see if he can redeem the character/concept somewhat.
    I just found it to be a little too similar to “Marvelman”/Miracleman.
  • I'm already getting Black Panther, that won't change. I'll probably try Sentry since it’s Lemire, even though I'm not a fan of the concept/character. I'll wait and see who the artist on Ghost Rider is before I decide on it.

I just found it to be a little too similar to “Marvelman”/Miracleman.
    Yeah I can see that. It's a fair comparison. Whatever happened to Marvel finishing off that series a few years ago?

Whatever happened to Marvel finishing off that series a few years ago?

It's in production. Gaiman and Bucky both had kids fairly recently, which slowed them down. And Gaiman is currently on set for the filming of the Amazon/BBC production of Good Omens, so that’s not helping. But Bucky says he’s been working on it. I imagine they want to get a few issues ahead before they release the first issue. I'm thinking we'll hear a launch date sometime this summer.
    Update: Good Omens wrapped this past weekend. Maybe Gaiman will have more time for comics now?
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

Update: Good Omens wrapped this past weekend. Maybe Gaiman will have more time for comics now?

Guess it depends on if he likes sitting in the edit.
    David_D said:

When he mentioned the editing, he did say “we have not started editing yet”, which makes it sound like he will be in on the editing, but it’s pretty rare that the writer, even one of his notoriety, gets that privilege. I mean, he’s also an executive producer, but that doesn’t really mean anything.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

David_D said:

When he mentioned the editing, he did say “we have not started editing yet”, which makes it sound like he will be in on the editing, but it’s pretty rare that the writer, even one of his notoriety, gets that privilege. I mean, he’s also an executive producer, but that doesn’t really mean anything.
    I haven’t been paying attention to it as a project so I didn’t know if this was something he was more involved in, like he was a writer/producer. But, yes, unless they want a crowd they would likely keep him far from post production. Always more room for guests on set than in post.
  • Update: Good Omens wrapped this past weekend. Maybe Gaiman will have more time for comics now?

I think he'll definitely have more time for comics - but they all seem to be of a DC/Vertigo nature. Isn't he overseeing the new Sandman Universe initiative?
    edited March 2018

I think he'll definitely have more time for comics - but they all seem to be of a DC/Vertigo nature. Isn't he overseeing the new Sandman Universe initiative?
    I don't really think he's going to be very heavily involved, especially after the introductory miniseries is done. Maybe a writers meeting or two for a plotting session, maybe looking over the scripts for the miniseries and making suggestions, and then he's gone would be my guess.
  • Update: Good Omens wrapped this past weekend. Maybe Gaiman will have more time for comics now?

I don't really think he's going to be very heavily involved, especially after the introductory miniseries is done. Maybe a writers meeting or two for a plotting session, maybe looking over the scripts for the miniseries and making suggestions, and then he's gone would be my guess.
    I hope that's the case. Then perhaps he will finish off Marvelman as well. It would be nice to see a writer who can work successfully for both of the Big 2 without getting into the politics of it all.