Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Daredevil

Rewriting The ‘Daredevil’ Reboot Begins

(latino-review.com) Deadline New York is reporting David James Kelly has been brought in by Twentieth Century Fox to rewrite their Daredevil reboot. David Slade (30 Days of Night) is still attached to direct.
It’s said the script will draw heavily from the Frank Miller/David Mazzucchelli story arc Born Again. This storyline involves The Kingpin discovering Daredevil’s secret identity of blind lawyer Matt Murdoch. Kingpin uses the info to wreak havoc on Murdoch’s life.

This makes three Marvel properties Fox is developing. The other two are the untitled X-Men: First Class sequel with Matthew Vaughn back at the helm, and The Fantastic Four reboot that has Chronicle director Josh Trank attached.

Comments

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    David Slade has dropped out as director and Fox is looking for a replacement. Slade has already committed to filming NBC's Hannibal pilot and isn't free to direct the film. Word is Fox isn't eager to make the film at the point, but has to begin production by the fall or the rights revert to Marvel.

Deadline
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    Let's hope there are more problems at Fox, so they lose the rights back to Marvel.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Let's hope there are more problems at Fox, so they lose the rights back to Marvel.
    Yeah, I hate to wish problems on anybody but I'd like to see Marvel take a crack at this too.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I would love to see a Daredevil film done by Marvel.
  • Options
    mrfusionmrfusion Posts: 186
    Fox Blinded By "Daredevil" Rights Lose This Fall

(slashfilm.com) Daredevil won’t be directed by David Slade (30 Days of Night, Hard Candy, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse). Fox is getting close to the wire with Daredevil, and will lose the rights to the character if the new film isn’t in production by this fall. Slade couldn’t make the schedule work, reportedly, and so has cut the film loose. Because Fox likely wants to retain the rights, expect a new hire announcement (someone! anyone!) soon.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    I caught the Affleck version on television the other day. I knew it wasn't a very good film, but boy, has that not aged well at all. If Fox rushes and botches it again, I can't imagine we'd see a third attempt to get it right.