Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

DC May Solicitations- Including the $0.25 DC Nation 0; weekly No Justice; new Dini Harley Quinn

Are up.

Will pull some highlights (at least what stands out to me) later on. But let me know what stands out to you.

Comments

• Options
    Well aside from the DC Nation title and the No Justice title mentioned in the thread title...

NEW CHALLENGERS #1
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER and AARON GILLESPIE
    Art by ANDY KUBERT and KLAUS JANSON • Cover by ANDY KUBERT
    From the pages of DARK NIGHTS: METAL! Challengers Mountain has returned to the DC Universe and chosen a new team of explorers! Five misfit strangers are given a second chance at life, but only if they obey the orders of the mysterious Professor and execute deadly missions in the most unexplored corners of the multiverse! And if the new Challengers of the Unknown fail…it will be more than just their own lives that hang in the balance!
    On sale MAY 16 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $2.99 US • FOLDOUT COVER • RATED T

(I"m ALWAYS down for more Challengers of the Unknown! Lets just see how long it takes to crossover with the rest of the DCU. We need more DCU based titles, WITHOUT all the DC superhero baggage. Like how the OG Secret Six, Blackhawk, etc used to be.)

Written by ANDY DIGGLE • Art and cover by JUAN FERREYRA
    Every thousand years, a ceremony is held on a long-forgotten world to celebrate the life of an ancient Green Lantern hero. Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz are chosen to represent Earth at this event, but they quickly learn not all is as it seems. A secret has been buried on this planet, and it’s up to our heroes to find it and put the mystery to rest once and for all!
    On sale MAY 30 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

(Annuals are always a gamble. This ones interesting. Why is Andy Diggle writing it and not the regular Tim Seeley? I mean, it definitely helps confirm the sort of "one shot" feel this story has! Which I'm always saying we need more of.)

WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #2
    Written by JAMES ROBINSON
    Art by MARC LAMING
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    “Star Light”! An enormous, divine threat has the Star Sapphires in its sights—and only Wonder Woman can protect them! She’s wielded their ring before, but the Corps has changed since then…is even their combined power enough to stop a god?
    On sale MAY 30 • 48 pg, FC • $4.99 US • RATED T

(Now THIS is a surprise! Robinson has had high highs and low lows, which will this be?)
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    @CageNarleigh Yes, that Challengers is a standout for me, as well. And I agree I would rather see them get to be their own thing than get pulled into other DCU stuff.
  • Options
    Another thing I notice, and maybe this is the effect of the Dark Knights Metal story that I haven't read yet, but to judge from these covers it seems to be a banner time in the DCU for characters who either have no skin, are on fire or filled with lava.

• Options
    A big month for Joker, as well. I feel like there was a time they were more sparing with his appearances, but even putting aside the second volume of that European OGN, I counted five different issues with Joker on the cover this month. Heck, I wonder if he is the one that kills Fred in that Scooby Apocalypse issue.

Also... what the hell is a Scooby Apocalypse? Those older-reader focused Hanna Barbera titles look bananas.

• Options
    David_D said:

Another thing I notice, and maybe this is the effect of the Dark Knights Metal story that I haven't read yet, but to judge from these covers it seems to be a banner time in the DCU for characters who either have no skin, are on fire or filled with lava.

Paging Dr. Phosphorous.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    One last thing that stood out to me, as I have been hearing people rave about this title for years- a collected edition of the Abnett & Lanning and Copiel Legion Lost

EDIT- It sounds like it has been out before in HC, but is now also in TPB
    THE LEGION BY DAN ABNETT AND ANDY LANNING VOL. 2 TP
    Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING • Art by OLIVIER COIPEL, ANDY LANNING and PASCAL ALIXE • Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL and ANDY LANNING
    Following the destruction of a Legion Outpost, Saturn Girl, Brainiac 5.1, Chameleon, Umbra, Kid Quantum, Live Wire, Apparition and Monstress are lost on the far side of the universe. As they journey home, the team encounters a superhero known as Singularity and a creature called the Omniphagos—a world-destroying monster imprisoned in a “hard light” pyramid.
    Collects LEGION LOST #1-12.
    On sale JUNE 6 • 296 pg, FC, $29.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8040-6
  • Options

David_D said:

Paging Dr. Phosphorous.
    And run for your life, Martian Manhunter!!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    FINAL CRISIS: THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS HC

Ten years ago already. I'm constantly struck by how fast time flies.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

FINAL CRISIS: THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS HC

Ten years ago already. I'm constantly struck by how fast time flies.

Next year is the tenth anniversary of Blackest Night...

Yeah...

Let that sink in...
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Legion Lost (solicited here as The Legion vol. 2) is well worth the read. I've already got the hardcover so I won't be picking it up but if you've never read it and enjoy the Legion, it'd be money well spent.