Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson Taking Leave of Absence

Comments

• Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Does there need to be an announcement because someone takes a vacation? It just shows the sad state of the industry that someone can't take a little time off without it being a press release.
  • Options
    BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    mphil said:

Does there need to be an announcement because someone takes a vacation? It just shows the sad state of the industry that someone can't take a little time off without it being a press release.

Well, it's a bit more than that. Nelson's a high-profile exec at a high-profile media corporation, plus she's the gatekeeper of many hot properties. And she's not going to Aruba for a week... sounds like she's taking at least a few months away from her post.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Can she take "Metal" with her?
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Not to be morbid, but it sounds more like code-speak for cancer or something along those lines. If not her then a family member. Or it could just be what it says. Either way, I don't expect it to affect day-to day operations anytime soon.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Not to be morbid, but it sounds more like code-speak for cancer or something along those lines. If not her then a family member. Or it could just be what it says. Either way, I don't expect it to affect day-to day operations anytime soon.

I can see that, though I’d throw out there addiction as a possibility.