Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

MOVIE NEWS- Captain Marvel. Now with first trailer.

13»

Comments

• Options
    VertighostVertighost Posts: 335
    I used to not think much about the Beatles when I would only listen to what they played on the oldies radio (mostly earlier straight ahead pop stuff which I liked but it had become more like wallpaper) but once I heard the Greatest Hits from 67-70 I became much more of a convert. I'd heard many of the songs before growing up but listening to them back to back I had a newfound appreciation for what they had done. I could see that they were simultaneously always trying to experiment and expand the medium while still, somehow magically, crafting insanely popular tunes. I can't think of any other artist who kept experimenting more and more - in ways even snobby music critics would love - without diminishing their Number One Artist popularity for such a long period of time. Prince pulled it off for a couple of years I think. I also love Springsteen but his more critical faves were usually relative flops following more much more popular work (Darkness, The River, and Tunnel of Love.)
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Prince is the modern-day Mozart. Reading about his creativity & self-training is highly impressive. Definitely a talent lost too soon.

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Hmm, as the number of MCU movies increase, I’ve notice after my top 5/6, there’s a drop off to the next grouping up to 10/11. After that, the order feels like a “pick’em” with Iron Man 3, IM2, & Incredible Hulk finishing the list.

I have also noticed, I find the best interpretations of the characters have been with the team of the Russo brothers, Markus, & McFeely.

1.) Winter Soldier

2.) Civil War

3.) Infinity War

4.) First Avenger

5.) Iron Man

6.) Avengers

7.) Black Panther

8.) Thor

9.) Age of Ultron

10.) GotG vol. 2 (basically because of Kurt Russell)

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Mihawk said:

1. Captain America The Winter Soldier
    2. Infinity War
    3. Guardians Of The Galaxy
    4. Thor Ragnarok
    5. Captain America Civil War
    6. Avengers 1
    7. Iron Man
    8. Black Panther
    9. Spider-Man Homecoming
    10. Captain Marvel
    11. Doctor Strange
    12. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2
    13. Avengers Age Of Ultron
    14. Captain America The First Avenger
    15. Ant-Man
    16. Ant-man and Wasp
    17. Iron Man 3
    18. The Incredible Hulk
    19. Thor
    20. Iron Man 2
    21. Thor The Dark World

The fact that there are 21 movies on this list to rank is mind blowing.
    10 years ago, who could even fathom that we would have 5 Marvel movies of this calibre, let alone 21 !?!

Inconceivable.
    My kids don't know how spoiled they are.