Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1692 Talkback - A Conversation with Julie Benson and Shawna Benson

Now making an encore appearance on CGS: Julie Benson and Shawna Benson, the premier sister act of the comics-writing world! Julie and Shawna take time out to chat about their upcoming transition from Batgirl and the Birds of Prey to Green Arrow at DC Comics; the state of TV (i.e., shows they write and ones they're watching); and other bits of Bensonabilia. (1:46:33)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    That was fun! I miss the creator interviews. Nice post-credit callback, @Pants.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    edited April 2018
    Yes, I agree with nweathington! That was quite the fun interview! I missed out on the Green Arrow Annual already, but I'll get their regular GA run for sure. I'm really going to miss the Birds of Prey. In fact, I had thoughts of doing an Oracle cosplay...uh, before something happened to the character. Heheh... Anyway, now I'm gonna have to find that Word Balloon episode! Edit:* Found it! That trivia game sounded like fun! Also I found a Tom King interview a few days later. That John Suntress (sic) does a good Pants imitation!
  • Options
    ChrisMurrinChrisMurrin Posts: 256
    Great episode. It's always fun to hear from Shawna and Julie. I hope to bump into them at SDCC and catch up.

I would have attended one of their local signings over the last year or so, but I buy BBOP digitally, so I have nothing to sign. I'd just be a goofball hanging out to chat.
  • Options
    Dan_in_WIDan_in_WI Posts: 38
    I just got back from C2E2 and had a great time. I ran into Pants and asked him to contact the sisters to find out how much they plan to use trick arrows for Green Arrow. Hopefully he'll have an answer he can share on the air soon.
    Also at a Mark Waid panel he was asked what character he still hasn't written that he most wants to. His answer: Green Arrow. Pants immediately texted that to the sisters. I don't know exactly what their reaction was but I know they did react.
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    Dan_in_WI said:

I just got back from C2E2 and had a great time. I ran into Pants and asked him to contact the sisters to find out how much they plan to use trick arrows for Green Arrow. Hopefully he'll have an answer he can share on the air soon.
    Also at a Mark Waid panel he was asked what character he still hasn't written that he most wants to. His answer: Green Arrow. Pants immediately texted that to the sisters. I don't know exactly what their reaction was but I know they did react.

• Options
    That's awesome. Those two are always a blast whenever they're on.
  • Options
    GrayKnoxGrayKnox Posts: 11
    Pants, I love you and I love your commitment to the show. I know we wouldn't be getting any of the episodes we're getting these days if it weren't for you. I think you're wonderful. I don't want you to take this too harshly.

You cannot tell women who are voicing their opinion on a sexism issue to "calm down". It is really dismissive of them, the issue they're talking about, and women in general. It makes you part of the gender inequity problem in that instance. I know you would never want to be part of that problem, and you probably didn't do what you did consciously, but you have consciously not do stuff like that.