Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Kurt Busiek's "Astro City" in development for TV

Paging @Adam_Murdough ...

ASTRO CITY in Development for TV

https://www.newsarama.com/39183-astro-city-in-development-for-tv.html

Writer Kurt Busiek and artists Brent Anderson and Alex Ross's Astro City is in development for television with American Gods production company FremantleMedia.

Astro City focuses on a city where superheroes are a part of daily life, and has been published off and on through both Image and DC Comics since 1995.

Busiek will write the pilot alongside screenwriter Rick Alexander, while Gregory Noveck will serve as executive producer.

“It’s a thrill to be working with Rick, Gregory and FremantleMedia on this,” said Busiek in a statement. “Everyone, at every turn, is supportive, helpful and completely focused on capturing the feel of Astro City and bringing it to life as a TV show.”

Comments

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Awesome for Kurt and Brent! It might not sell well anymore, for reasons I just can’t fully understand, but it’s continued to be one of the most consistently great comics out there.
  • Options

Awesome for Kurt and Brent! It might not sell well anymore, for reasons I just can’t fully understand, but it’s continued to be one of the most consistently great comics out there.

I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment. But, speaking as someone who made sure my LCS would have a copy of #1 in my box, when it was first announced, I know that I dropped off somewhere in the middle of the "Dark Age" storyline. I think it was a confluence of issues---the story itself (which I remember being 'meh' about), the length of that series of series (16 issues, total), and the sporadic publishing schedule (there were actually a couple of years between the middle two series).
    After that, I kind of fell off, with the series. Occasionaly, I would dip my toes back in the water, but not until this past year, when I started to pick up the collections for the Vertigo issues, did I rediscover my love for this series. I wonder if a lot of other fans had similar experiences.