Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Episode 1703 Talkback - Comic Talk

Another milestone for the CGS consortium, as Chris, Murd, and Bryan Deemer engage in 75 multi-topic minutes of Comic Talk without the benefit of a net... or a studio! This all-Skype extravaganza includes a report on Heroes Con 2018 from Murd; a preview of the latest magazine from TwoMorrows Publishing, Retro Fan; a ream of reading recommendations and reviews; some TV talk (Luke Cage, Season 2; Cloak & Dagger); and even a bit of WWII history and miniature-painting discussion for good measure. Step right up and listen to the show--admission is free! (1:13:27)

Listen here.

Comments

• PantsPants Posts: 556
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 5,983
    Pants said:

Hey, I’ve seen those!
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 5,983
    Glad you both like RetroFan!
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 526
    I hear Chris perfectly, but cant hear anyone else. Is the audio split so that Chris in on one ear and everyone else on the other? If so, that explains why I can hear only Chris.
  • BrackBrack Posts: 682
    aquatroy said:

I hear Chris perfectly, but cant hear anyone else. Is the audio split so that Chris in on one ear and everyone else on the other? If so, that explains why I can hear only Chris.

Yes.

Probably needed to run it through Audacity's stereo to mono before releasing. The other problem with skype recording I've found in the past is the two tracks can go out of sync if the recording is too long, this is probably good on that front.

I'd recommend Discord and http://craig.chat as an alternative to Skype, we just made the switch on our podcast and found it's an improvement over Skype recording software (though using mix-minus and recording from mixer still the best option).
    Btw, my right ear doesn't work, which is why I couldn't hear anyone other than Chris. Your mileage may vary.

I don't know what that means.
  • DARDAR Posts: 974
    I would hear Chris in the left but Deemer and Adam in the right.
  • VertighostVertighost Posts: 177
    Let me add my voice to this: I also can only hear Chris. Deemer and esp Adam are barely audible.
    Actually, I can hear the show fine as long as I don't use my earphones and am already loving the conversation. Thanks again for the best podcast, guys!
  • Perfect audio or not, there you guys are as always, filling that void for every one of us out there whose significant other says, "SHUT UP ABOUT THE STUPID (insert geek topic of your choice) ALREADY!!!" And Chris, I believe that Filmation Star Trek series is of a superior quality to a decent chunk of the original network show or, at the very least, maintains a consistent quality level which the original series did not. And I have also not watched or read Game of Thrones despite a cacophony of pleas from my fanboy and fangirl cohorts through the years, so I'll be interested to hear your take one day. Murd...best wishes to your dad and until Stone Harbor becomes Gem Harbor...Magniconte!
    Johnny hates chachi, well said! A great episode. Mr. Eberle, you've finally convinced me - I will be checking out this Ursus mini series. I hope you guys can also eventually discuss the Twomorrows book on the Dc Implosion that should be coming out soon! I'm eager to pick that up. So many titles taken from us before they had a chance!
  • @brydeemer I had to smile at your comment about always looking for more minis when you still have ones to paint. I am 13 minis away from finishing the evil menagerie of Sword & Sorcery! 13! And then I backed 2 miniature games on Kickstarter and I’ll be back behind the 8 ball again before I know it. Can’t stop won’t stop!
    As always gentlemen a very enjoyable episode in all respects!
  • matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,021
    Appreciate you guys using Skype to get a show out! There were some audio issues but I know that can be worked out over time. Thanks!
  • i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 550
    Excellent attempt here, fellas. If you ever need any pointers, feel free to hit me up! I'm glad to pass along any knowledge that can be useful. :)
    To anybody looking for a version of the episode that has audio in both ears, I whipped together an alternate cut of the episode for people to download. I also included music, because I am obsessive and a completionist, and had the music handy. @Adam_Murdough, do feel free to use this version if you so desire on the main site! http://www.speakgeekspeak.com/comictimingmp3/CGS_Episode_1703_Edit.mp3

To anybody looking for a version of the episode that has audio in both ears, I whipped together an alternate cut of the episode for people to download. I also included music, because I am obsessive and a completionist, and had the music handy. @Adam_Murdough, do feel free to use this version if you so desire on the main site! http://www.speakgeekspeak.com/comictimingmp3/CGS_Episode_1703_Edit.mp3

Look at you being AWESOME!
    edited July 11
    aquatroy said:

Look at you being AWESOME!