Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Late comics due to fatal Diamond truck accident

If you shop at one of the stores affected, here's some perspective before you get upset.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/26/fatality-injury-diamond-comics-truck-collision/

Comments

• Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    According to one of the comment posters, one of the Diamond truck drivers has some broken ribs, but nothing serious (painful of course, but not serious). The other has a broken back. :(
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    No Mind the Gap #1 for me because some asshat was driving the wrong way on an interstate at 3:30AM... I'm more sad about missing my comic. I am glad the drivers were spared though, even though they did sustain some injuries.
  • Options
    I know it sounds heartless but I know that road and the area and it is impossible to go the wrong way anywhere near there. It is an interstate with numerous lanes and a completely divided road. The reports have been that she was either suicidal and/or on drink/drugs. I don't really sympathize with that. I log a ton of miles on the roads per year and witness lots of innocent fatalities from people like this and they tend to walk away with only a scratch. I have had some close calls myself that could have ended my own life because of people like this. If that had not been a large semi but your family or you in a normal car you/they would probably be dead along with her.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    I can have sympathy for someone who thinks they have no choice but to end it all. I don't have sympathy for someone who does so in a way that's likely to take someone with them so I do agree with you on that. I can't get behind your lack of sympathy for someone with a freaking broken back because of someone else's stupidity.
  • Options
    @KyleMoyer, no no! I have complete sympathy for those guys in the truck. It may not have been clear in my initial post but that was what I was thankful for! I rack up huge miles every day on the roads and not long ago I was a few cars behind watching as they pulled a near-dead 9-year old girl out of the back of a car that a dump truck ran right over because of a driver in front of them trying to bypass some traffic illegally and texting at the same time. She lived thankfully but when you see ignorant and careless people that put no thought behind piloting a few tons of metal at high speeds day in and day out and added to it the drunks and other assorted assholes it is really hard to shed a single tear when they manage to kill themselves. Or the other night near my house a woman was walking on a dark bridge in a lane of oncoming traffic drunk when there was a walkway on the other side of the bridge, someone hit and killed her. They now have to live with that and they did nothing wrong. Accidents and honest mistakes happen, and for those I feel for everyone involved but no one can explain to me how anyone can even close to accidentally manage to get on I-71 at what I'm guessing was the Montgomery exchange which are huge looping on/off ramps unattached to any lanes of highway going in another direction... at 3:30AM.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited May 2012
    the drunks and other assorted assholes
    name of a band? =))

Ahhh...that @Zhurrie always inspiring ;)

Agreeing with @KyleMoyer
  • Options
    Just earlier today I could have been killed from a guy with a "medical condition" that is all that has been released. I was directly in front of this on the other side. Had he went to his left, it would have been me. Super scary, and yet again, glad to be alive. http://www.wtae.com/news/local/allegheny/Cars-collide-near-Ross-Towne-Center/-/10927008/12565606/-/dtwdf2z/-/index.html