Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

October 2018 Solicitations

Solicitations from publishers for comics shipping in October 2018 are starting to go up. Starting things off with DC, IDW, Image, and Marvel.

What catches your eye?

DC
IDW
Marvel

Comments

• hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Infinite Dark from Image looks pretty solid. I like SF mysteries.

A little heartbroken to see that Black Science has come to an end - I'd missed that in previous solicits. Scalera just absolutely knocked every issue out of the park and Remender has an amazing mind for gonzo SF.

Cursed Comics Cavalcade from DC looks like it could be fun but at $9.99, I'm probably out.

The Sandman Universe books are going to create a bit a strain on my budget if they keep adding more titles.

Star Wars Adventures: Vader's Castle looks intriguing, but I've been burnt by IDW interior art on more than one occasion and the full series in the month is too much risk for me.

I've been out of Marvel for a long time and a quick scan doesn't have anything there to draw me back in.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    Man, going through the Marvel solicits, and I don’t recognize half the names of the artists working for them now.
    Items of note:

Books of Magic #1: Not only do I like the character (outside of that last series where they really mucked him up), but Tom Fowler’s back on an ongoing title. Sold!

Vertigo: A Celebration of 25 Years: I'm on the fence about this one. It would be a no-brainer if it wasn't published by DC. I'm just wondering how much of Karen Berger will be in the book. Her name isn't even mentioned in the solicitation.

Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion #1: Liked the first two, mostly for Gabriel Bá’s artwork. I'll get this one too.

Miss Fury #1: I haven't really enjoyed Dynamite’s take on the character, and I doubt I'll be picking this up, but it’s interesting in that it’s Emma Kubert (granddaughter of Joe, daughter of Andy) first series as a pro.

Adventure Time Season 11 #1: One of the greatest animated series of all time ends soon, but this comic will pick up the story where the show leaves off. Not quite the same, but Sonny Liew is writing, so I'm in.

I Moved to Los Angeles to Work in Animation
    : That’s one long, unwieldy title, but I've followed Nourigat’s work on Tumblr for a couple of years, and I really like her work. It’s only $10 for 112 pages, so I'll give it a shot.

Simpsons Comics #245: The final issue from Bongo. Hard to believe it’s been going for so long—kinda like the cartoon.
    Oh, and of course I have to mention the trade of Highest House. HIghly recommended. In fact, I would love a Book-of-the-Month club focus on it. I know there are at least a few other forumites who might enjoy that too. I would love to hear what @Adam_Murdough and @wildpigcomics think of the book. I think both would enjoy it. The solicitation says it’s based on the political/social structures of the 16th century Balkan region, which I don’t know much about. My history classes always skimmed over that region except in relation to the beginning and the end of the Ottoman empire, and I wonder if Chris might know more on the subject, and how closely the story reflects reality.

Regardless, it’s a great comic.
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    I'm not finding the September thread, so dropping this here since there's still time. Dark Horse is releasing and adaptation of the William Gibson script for Alien 3.

If you haven't read it in script form, it's spectacular. Would have worked perfectly and taken away about 95% of my issues with the actual Alien 3 as an Alien 4.

If you have read it, you, hopefully, recognize it's awesomeness and are as eager to see it translated into a visual medium as I am.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    hauberk said:

I'm not finding the September thread, so dropping this here since there's still time. Dark Horse is releasing and adaptation of the William Gibson script for Alien 3.

If you haven't read it in script form, it's spectacular. Would have worked perfectly and taken away about 95% of my issues with the actual Alien 3 as an Alien 4.

If you have read it, you, hopefully, recognize it's awesomeness and are as eager to see it translated into a visual medium as I am.

Thanks for that reminder will be ordering that!