Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1707 Talkback - Comic Talk

In this bite-sized block of Comic Talk, we offer a few remarks on the passing of one of comics' greatest and most enigmatic talents, Steve Ditko. Also, Pants finally weighs in on Grant Morrison's Animal Man, along with other forgotten treasures from his collection; Murd magicks up a quick impression of Mark Waid's new Dr. Strange series; Shane takes us to 'Teen Titans Go! to the Movies'; and other enticing ephemera. (47:42)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    SONOFABITCH

No monster society of evil.
  • Options
    VertighostVertighost Posts: 335
    Another great episode. It was also nice to hear Mr. Christman's voice again! Welcome back! Mr. Eberle thanks for mentioning that Ditko bio, Strange and Stranger by Blake Bell. That was the book that led me to try out some of Ditko's most Randian characters like the Question, Hawk and Dove and Mr. A. While I don't agree with Rand's ideas, I found those characters (when done by Ditko) fascinating and utterly unique. I'd recommend all of those characters to anyone who enjoys reading something truly unusual (albeit not in the "weird' sense).
  • Options
    @nweathington, just want to say that I've been reading the Comics Implosion as well, and once again, your company has done another great job. I'm not exactly sure why I've always found the subject fascinating since I had basically just started reading comics at the time and was completely oblivious to such things (at that point I would just read whatever happened to be in front of me and was happy with that- the idea that I might ever see the second half of a 2 part story was completely foreign to me), but it's always intrigued me nonetheless, especially the ads for the "explosion" (which I recalled seeing at the time, but basically forgot about). It's as if seeing the ads much later as an adult, the excitement I must have felt at the time seeing so all these new characters springing off the page at me with all those exclamation points came rushing back. Knowing that alot of it never got a chance to see light just makes me more curious about it all. Like unreleased music from a favorite artist, even if I can't get my hands on the bootlegs, I want to know what happened. I'm probably going overboard here, but in any case, thank you, Twomorrows!
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    It was fun hearing Pants report on old stuff he's been reading in his collection. Actually, I'd like to hear more as he continues to read. It's basically the same feeling I get when I hear Murd do his Time Bubble.
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Speaking of which, hoping for another time bubble soon 😁
  • Options
    Hear, hear. @mphil ! Hopefully after the summer the CGS team will have more time to meet and record.